Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Village Health Clinic Maintenance Technician, Sr.
at Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation
Office of Environmental Health and Engineering
With Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation in Bethel, Alaska, you’ll serve the over 50 rural communities in the Yukon Delta Region who come to us for care. You’ll grow your skills and expertise in a challenging environment, and experience a community environment within a community that will embrace you as one of their own.
Serving the people of Southwestern Alaska, the Yukon-Kuskokwim Hospital is a 50-bed general acute care medical facility. Fully accredited by JCAHO, services include adult med/surg, pediatrics, obstetrics, emergency room, as well as outpatient family medicine clinics, pharmacy, lab, and imaging.
Position Summary: Provides maintenance and repair services on Yukon-Kuskokwim Village Health Clinic buildings and equipment. Assures required inspections, certification and other regulatory documents from in-house or contracted work are complete and available. Position requires extensive travel by small plane. This position travels several days each week.
- High school diploma or GED, vocational training preferred.
- 3 - 5 years hands-on commercial or industrial maintenance experience.
- Experience and training in one or more skilled craft trades: HVAC, electrical, plumbing, etc.
- Ability to use ladders, scaffolding and/or scissor lift while performing job duties.
- Ability to work with power tools, small motorized equipment, and vehicles.
- Highly self-motivated individual with ability to troubleshoot and solve maintenance related issues in a remote setting with little oversight and support.
- Able to work alone or in groups.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, holidays and on an on-call basis as needed.
- Familiarity with MS-Office for Windows, computerized Building management systems and Maintenance management software. Specific operations of building equipment. Requires on the spot decision making during emergencies. Understanding of local codes and ordinances.
- Experienced in implementing safety procedures in the workplace.
- Ability to relate well to the public in a healthcare setting.
- Demonstrated ability to perform a wide variety of maintenance and operational tasks.
- Generous PTO – beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
YKHC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian applicants who meet minimum requirements according to the provisions of P.L. 93-638.
Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health
For more information, please contact YKHC Recruitment at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-478-8905