Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
TDY Physician - Hospitalist
at Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation
With Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation in Bethel, Alaska, you’ll serve the over 50 rural communities in the Yukon Delta Region who come to us for care. You’ll grow your skills and expertise in a challenging environment, and experience a community environment within a community that will embrace you as one of their own.
Serving the people of Southwestern Alaska, the Yukon-Kuskokwim Hospital is a 50-bed general acute care medical facility. Fully accredited by JCAHO, services include adult med/surg, pediatrics, obstetrics, emergency room, as well as outpatient family medicine clinics, pharmacy, lab, and imaging.
The Staff Physician shall be committed to contributing to the Mission of the Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation, “..to achieve the greatest possible improvement in the health status of the people of the Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta region of Alaska”. The Staff Physician is an employee working under the supervision of the Medical Director who is, in turn, supervised by the Clinical Services Administrator.
- Must have completed an accredited medical school.
- Must have completed a residency training program and be board eligible or board certified (unless specific exception is made) by the appropriate board of the American Medical Association or the American Osteopathic Association.
- Must have Alaska State License and DEA License.
- Must have the computer skills needed to access computerized medical records.
- Needs the skills and knowledge to practice medicine in the area of their specialty.
- Ability to supervise medical students, residents, physician extenders and community Health Aide clinical practice.
- Generous PTO – beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
YKHC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian applicants who meet minimum requirements according to the provisions of P.L. 93-638.
Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health
For more information, please contact YKHC Recruitment at: email@example.com or 1-800-478-8905