Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
TDY Medical Technologist
at Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation
With Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation in Bethel, Alaska, you’ll serve the over 50 rural communities in the Yukon Delta Region who come to us for care. You’ll grow your skills and expertise in a challenging environment, and experience a community environment within a community that will embrace you as one of their own.
Serving the people of Southwestern Alaska, the Yukon-Kuskokwim Hospital is a 50-bed general acute care medical facility. Fully accredited by JCAHO, services include adult med/surg, pediatrics, obstetrics, emergency room, as well as outpatient family medicine clinics, pharmacy, lab, and imaging.
Under the direction of the laboratory manager, is responsible for performing laboratory tests, quality control procedures and communication with physicians, nurses and patients.
- Bachelors degree in Medical Technology or a related filed required. Must be board eligible by NCA or ASCP and complete board certification within one year of employment
- One to three years of related or progressively more responsible experience in chemistry, blood bank, hematology and microbiology or formal student internship
- Certification at MT by American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) or CLS by National Accrediting Agency (NCA) within one year of employment
- Clinical laboratory instrumentation
- Laboratory generalist
- Must be capable of working independently and providing direction to Medical Laboratory Assistants.
- Generous PTO – beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
YKHC applies Alaska Native/American Indian (under PL 93-638), EEO, and Veteran Preferences. Under federal and state laws, YKHC performs criminal history and background checks to ensure customers are protected.
Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health
For more information, please contact YKHC Recruitment at: email@example.com