Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
TDY Licensed Practical Nurse - Long Term Care
at Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation
Skilled Nursing Facility
The Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC) is located in the Southwestern Alaska town of Bethel, with a total of approximately 6,000 people. YKHC supports 1500 employees, providing the health services to a primarily Yup'ik Eskimo Native population for an area the size of Oregon. Services are provided through a Bethel located hospital and 50 clinics throughout the YK Delta.
To provide quality nursing care to all patients. To serve as a viable member of the nursing staff, utilizing scope of practice. Provide care to all patients with respect of patient rights and dignity. Actual duties and responsibilities may vary depending on assigned area of Long Term Care facility.
- Minimum Education: Graduate from an LNL school for LPN's or LVN's.
- Minimum Experience: New graduates accepted. One (1) year experience within hospital or long-term care setting preferred.
- Licensing/Certification: Must be licensed in good standing in the State of Alaska as a LPN. Current CPR certification (BCLS) required. Current BLS. The successful candidate will be required to pass and maintain competencies for this position. IV certification course
- Equipment/Tools: Office machines (i.e., multi-line telephone, computer, fax machine, etc.) Medical equipment such as Dynamapp, thermometers, Datascope, Pulse Oximetry
- Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with physicians and other medical staff as part of a collaborative team. Able to participate in special committees as appropriate, and serve as a professional representative of the physical therapy department and profession at all times. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from physicians, medical staff, managers, clients, and the general public. Ability to communicate effectively with members of a different culture who may or may not speak English.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- REASONING ABILITY Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
YKHC applies Alaska Native/American Indian (under PL 93-638), EEO, and Veteran Preferences. Under federal and state laws, YKHC performs criminal history and background checks to ensure customers are protected.
Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health
907-543-6060 or 1-800-478-3321 ext 6060