Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation
With Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation in Bethel, Alaska, you’ll serve the over 50 rural communities in the Yukon Delta Region who come to us for care. You’ll grow your skills and expertise in a challenging environment, and experience a community environment within a community that will embrace you as one of their own.
Serving the people of Southwestern Alaska, the Yukon-Kuskokwim Hospital is a 50-bed general acute care medical facility. Fully accredited by The Joint Commission, services include adult med/surg, pediatrics, obstetrics, emergency room, as well as outpatient family medicine clinics, pharmacy, lab, and imaging.
Protects life and property of all persons on the Bethel Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC) premises and patrols buildings and grounds to prevent fire, theft and vandalism. Secures, unlocks and protects YKHC buildings. Responds to security needs of YKHC personnel. Manages the YKHC wheelchairs.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One to three years job experience in a position that requires dealing with the public. Previous security experience in a health care setting preferred.
- Current, valid Alaska driver’s license.
- Current CPR certification (or obtain within ninety (90) days of employment).
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention Training certificate (or obtain within ninety (90) days of employment).
- Basic computer skills to use email system and report writing.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Yupik/English preferred.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to stand and/or walk for up to 12 hours and available for recall during 24 hour operations.
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
YKHC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian applicants who meet minimum requirements according to the provisions of P.L. 93-638.
Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health
For more information, please contact YKHC Recruitment at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-478-8905