Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Physician-Pediatric Outpatient Clinic - Sign-On, Relocation & Retention Bonus
at Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation
With Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation in Bethel, Alaska, you’ll serve the over 50 rural communities in the Yukon Delta Region who come to us for care. You’ll grow your skills and expertise in a challenging environment, and experience a community environment within a community that will embrace you as one of their own.
Serving the people of Southwestern Alaska, the Yukon-Kuskokwim Hospital is a 50-bed general acute care medical facility. Fully accredited by JCAHO, services include adult med/surg, pediatrics, obstetrics, emergency room, as well as outpatient family medicine clinics, pharmacy, lab, and imaging.
The Staff Physician shall be committed to contributing to the Mission of the Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation, “Working together to achieve excellent health”.
Acute, chronic and well care of complex pediatric specialty patients. Pediatric Group manages approximately 1200 chronically ill patients and over 1000 well children of mainly Yup’ik Alaskan decent with significant respiratory and infectious disease issues. Manage asthma, aspiration syndrome, chronic lung disease, and premature issues related to prematurely. High incidence of congenital heart disease and congenital adrenal hyperplasia, ADHD, fetal alcohol syndrome, cerebral palsy and seizure disorders. Stabilize, manage, and transport critical care and neonatal emergency patients and occasionally fly on medevacs to villages. Assist pulmonology, neurology, genetics, cardiology and endocrinology sub-specialist during Bethel pediatric specialty clinics and occasional visits to village clinics.
- Must have completed an accredited medical school.
- Must have completed a residency training program and be board eligible or board certified (unless specific exception is made) by the appropriate board of the American Medical Association or the American Osteopathic Association.
- Must have Alaska State License and DEA License.
- Must have computer skills needed to access computerized medical records.
- Needs the skills and knowledge to practice medicine in the area of their specialty.
- Ability to supervise medical students, residents, physician extenders and community Health Aide clinical practice.
- Generous PTO – beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
YKHC applies Alaska Native/American Indian (under PL 93-638), EEO, and Veteran Preferences. Under federal and state laws, YKHC performs criminal history and background checks to ensure customers are protected.
Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health
For more information, please contact YKHC Recruitment at: firstname.lastname@example.org