Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Physician Assistant/Family Nurse Practitioner - Family Medicine - Relocation/Retention/Sign-on Bonus eligible
at Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation
With Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation in Bethel, Alaska, you’ll serve the over 50 rural communities in the Yukon Delta Region who come to us for care. You’ll grow your skills and expertise in a challenging environment, and experience a community environment within a community that will embrace you as one of their own.
Serving the people of Southwestern Alaska, the Yukon-Kuskokwim Hospital is a 50-bed general acute care medical facility. Fully accredited by JCAHO, services include adult med/surg, pediatrics, obstetrics, emergency room, as well as outpatient family medicine clinics, pharmacy, lab, and imaging.
The Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistance functions as an independent healthcare provider who, working collaboratively within a multidisciplinary health team, is responsible for providing comprehensive care to both well and ill patients in an outpatient setting.
Work with patients, evaluating and treating moderately ill patients. Expected to order and interpret lab and x-ray results with physician back up as required.
- FNP must have completed an approved Nurse Practitioner Training Program and received and maintained certification.
- Two years minimum suggested experience level.
- Must have experience with reading radiographs and dispensing medication.
- Must have Alaska License and DEA license.
- Be current on CME requirements.
- Must have the computer skills needed to access computerized medical records.
- Needs the skills and knowledge to practice medicine in the area of their specialty. Ability to supervise and mentor NP, PA students and oversee community Health Aide clinical practice.
- Generous PTO – beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
YKHC applies Alaska Native/American Indian (under PL 93-638), EEO, and Veteran Preferences. Under federal and state laws, YKHC performs criminal history and background checks to ensure customers are protected.
Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health
For more information, please contact YKHC Recruitment at: firstname.lastname@example.org