Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Physician Assistant/Family Nurse Practitioner
at Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation
The Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC) is located in the Southwestern Alaska town of Bethel, with a total of approximately 6,000 people. YKHC supports 1500 employees, providing the health services to a primarily Yup'ik Eskimo Native population for an area the size of Oregon. Services are provided through a Bethel located hospital and 50 clinics throughout the YK Delta.
The Physician Assistant, Family Nurse Practitioner (PA, FNP) shall be committed to contributing to the mission of the Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC), Working together to Achieve Excellent Health."
Care for acute and chronically ill adults and children. Provide care to Level IV Trauma Center/ER patients. Work in ER with physician caring for urgent care or lower acuity ER patients, evaluating and treating moderately ill adult and pediatric patients, assist with admission holding orders and doing procedures such as I & D's, suturing, LP's etc. Urgent/ER shifts ar 12pm-12am on weekdays and 10am-10pm on weekends and holidays. Expected to order and interpret lab and x-ray results with physician back up as required.
- PA/FNP must have completed an approved Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Training Program and received and maintained certification.
- Two years minimum suggested experience level.
- Must have experience with reading radiographs and dispensing medication.
- Must have Alaska License and DEA license.
- Be current on CME requirements.
- Must have the computer skills needed to access computerized medical records.
- Needs the skills and knowledge to practice medicine in the area of their specialty (Women's Health). Ability to supervise and mentor NP, PA students and oversee community Health Aide clinical practice.
- Generous PTO – beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
YKHC applies Alaska Native/American Indian (under PL 93-638), EEO, and Veteran Preferences. Under federal and state laws, YKHC performs criminal history and background checks to ensure customers are protected.
Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health
For more information, please contact YKHC Recruitment at: firstname.lastname@example.org