Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Physical Therapist, Senior
at Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation
Family Infant Toddler Program
With Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation in Bethel, Alaska, you’ll serve the over 50 rural communities in the Yukon Delta Region who come to us for care. You’ll grow your skills and expertise in a challenging environment, and experience a community environment within a community that will embrace you as one of their own.
Serving the people of Southwestern Alaska, the Yukon-Kuskokwim Hospital is a 50-bed general acute care medical facility. Fully accredited by JCAHO, services include adult med/surg, pediatrics, obstetrics, emergency room, as well as outpatient family medicine clinics, pharmacy, lab, and imaging.
Able to fulfill all duties of Staff Physical Therapist without supervision. Leads the physical therapy team in educational growth and support of clinical skill development. Functions as the advanced clinician on the team, serving as a mentor to staff physical therapists. Serves as a clinical instructor (CI) to student physical therapists (SPT) and student physical therapy assistants (SPTA). Provides clinical and/or administrative support in assistance to the director as needed and able. Spearheads special projects designed to improve patient care quality and access.
- Master’s degree or higher from an Accredited program in Physical Therapy
- Four years experience as a staff physical therapist. Hospital-based experience helpful. Supervisory experience preferred
- Alaska Physical Therapy license, CPR certified
- Office equipment (i.e. computer, telephone, fax machine, copy machine)
- Hospital based: Standard Physical Therapy Department environment, includes hi-lo table, whirlpool, therapeutic exercise equipment, ultrasound and electric stimulation modalities, etc.
- Village-based: Usually a treatment table is provided. Therapists bring out what is needed for patient care (theraband, ultrasound, etc.)
- LANGUAGE SKILLS:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence
- Ability to communicate effectively with physicians and other medical staff as part of a collaborative team
- Able to participate in special committees as appropriate, and serve as a professional representative of the physical therapy department and profession at all times
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from physicians, medical staff, managers, clients, and the general public
- Ability to communicate effectively with members of a different culture who may or may not speak English
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- REASONING ABILITY:
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Periodic self-assessment
- Generous PTO – beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
YKHC applies Alaska Native/American Indian (under PL 93-638), EEO, and Veteran Preferences. Under federal and state laws, YKHC performs criminal history and background checks to ensure customers are protected.
Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health
For more information, please contact YKHC Recruitment at: email@example.com or 1-800-478-8905