Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Pharmacy Inventory Control Analyst
at Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation
The Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC) is located in the Southwestern Alaska town of Bethel, with a total of approximately 6,000 people. YKHC supports 1500 employees, providing the health services to a primarily Yup'ik Eskimo Native population for an area the size of Oregon. Services are provided through a Bethel located hospital and 50 clinics throughout the YK Delta.
The pharmacy inventory control analyst is responsible for procuring medications and supplies from appropriate sources and ensuring proper storage to maintain their quality and integrity. The pharmacy inventory control analyst, under the supervision of the Director of Pharmacy or his/her designee, performs inventory management, and compliance with laws and regulations. Self-starter who possesses ability to work independently but is also a strong team player. Candidate must have demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills, quantitative abilities, prioritizing, and organizational skills, attention to detail, and follow through on commitments. Computer proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet skills, able to handle multiple priorities and tasks; ability to maintain confidentiality; trustworthy.
- Minimum Experience: AA or Bachelor’s degree with one (1) year work experience preferred; or High School Diploma or GED Equivalent with five (5) years or more of experience working in property management, medical, or office material inventory. Work experience sufficient to have acquired and developed the knowledge, skill, and ability to perform the functions of the position.
- License, Certification, Registration: Valid Driver’s License required.
- Equipment/Tools: Computer proficiency with various software (Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel), database systems, calculator, multi-line phone, fax/copy machine.
- Specialized Knowledge and Skills: Must be able to complete a variety of tasks simultaneously, prioritize workload, and meet reporting and completion deadlines with attention to detail. Ability to work cooperatively with pharmacy staff. Ability to handle frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workload and work schedule. Ability to set priorities and solve problems. Ability to communicate effectively (orally and writing).This position requires an extremely perceptive person, who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels. Must have excellent interpersonal and written/oral communication skills. As unique situations present themselves, the incumbent must be sensitive to Corporate needs, employee goodwill, and the public image. Ability to make decisions in a timely manner on limited but adequate information. Ability to assist in meeting the pharmaceutical care needs of neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
- Generous PTO – beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
YKHC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian applicants who meet minimum requirements according to the provisions of P.L. 93-638.
Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health
For more information, please contact YKHC Recruitment at: email@example.com or 1-800-478-8905