Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nurse Manager - OB L&D - Sign-on, Relocation, + Retention Bonus Eligible
at Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation
Nursing Unit - OB
With Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation in Bethel, Alaska, you’ll serve the over 50 rural communities in the Yukon Delta Region who come to us for care. You’ll grow your skills and expertise in a challenging environment, and experience a community environment within a community that will embrace you as one of their own.
Serving the people of Southwestern Alaska, the Yukon-Kuskokwim Hospital is a 50-bed general acute care medical facility. Fully accredited by JCAHO, services include adult med/surg, pediatrics, obstetrics, emergency room, as well as outpatient family medicine clinics, pharmacy, lab, and imaging.
Responsible for the delivery of patient care that promotes safety and well being of all patients in the assigned department (s). Must be able to plan/coordinate, while directing and evaluating the overall clinical nursing practice and daily management of the OB Department. Responsible for the fiscal, material and human resource management of the department as well as other administrative duties as assigned. Participates in the development and implementation of hospital policies and procedures. Maintains interdepartmental, intradepartmental communication and open communication with department staff to facilitate performance improvement. Exceptional leadership skills, knowledge of nursing practice and knowledge of regulatory requirements are necessary for this position.
Applies age specific considerations and cultural diversity when rendering patient care. Supports Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation’s mission statement.
- Minimum Education:Must have completed a program of education in nursing from an NLN approved institution.BS or BSN required, Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN) or Master’s degree in a health care related field preferred.
- Minimum Experience:Minimum of two (2) years of progressive nursing management experience with three years of clinical nursing experience preferred
- License, Certification, Registration:In addition, must be licensed in good standing in the State of Alaska as a Registered Professional Nurse (RN). Current BLS.The successful candidate will be required to pass and maintain competencies for this position.
- Equipment/Tools:Office machines (i.e., multi-line telephone, copy machine, fax machine, Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Specialized Knowledge and Skills: Requires knowledge of regulatory agency standards related to health care organizations. Cognitive and technical knowledge required with the ability to manage care across the continuum of care.Must be flexible with work schedule and possess the ability for independent actions within prescribed limits. Knowledge of budgets, reimbursements, coding, claims processing and fiscal management desired. The successful candidate will be required to pass and maintain competencies for this position.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to work in patient care setting
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, as well as governmental regulations. Candidate must be able to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Additionally, the candidate should effectively present information and respond to questions from divisions of management (Ex. Clients, Customers, and the General Public). Lastly, the candidate must possess the theoretical knowledge of the nursing process, care management, and continuity of care.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent draw and interpret bar graphs, and maintain a computer, database.
- REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Unit clerks, RN, and other OB staff
- Generous PTO – beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
YKHC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian applicants who meet minimum requirements according to the provisions of P.L. 93-638.
Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health
For more information, please contact YKHC Recruitment at: email@example.com or 1-800-478-8905