Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Staff Training PA/NP
at Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation
With Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation in Bethel, Alaska, you’ll serve the over 50 rural communities in the Yukon Delta Region who come to us for care. You’ll grow your skills and expertise in a challenging environment, and experience a community environment within a community that will embrace you as one of their own.
Serving the people of Southwestern Alaska, the Yukon-Kuskokwim Hospital is a 50-bed general acute care medical facility. Fully accredited by JCAHO, services include adult med/surg, pediatrics, obstetrics, emergency room, as well as outpatient family medicine clinics, pharmacy, lab, and imaging.
The Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner (PA, NP) shall be committed to contributing to the mission of the Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC), “Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health”. This provider shall train all new medical staff providers in the use of RAVEN, our electronic record keeping system. This shall include initial training and follow up training. In addition, this provider shall regularly review medical staff performance within RAVEN and provide recommendations for improvement. This provider will work closely with each member of the medical staff in each department where medical staff is placed to promote maximum efficiency in the use of RAVEN. This provider shall also be assigned to clinical duties from time to time, based on scheduling availability. This clinical time shall be distributed in clinical areas as appropriate.This provider shall work closely with the RAVEN informatics team to collect and use the information necessary to complete the evaluation of the medical staff performance within RAVEN.
- PA, NP must have completed an approved Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant Training Program and received and maintained certification.
- Two years minimum suggested experience level. Should have experience with reading radiographs and dispensing medication.
- Must have Alaska License and DEA license.
- Must have the computer skills needed to access computerized medical records.
- Needs the skills and knowledge to practice medicine in the area of their specialty.
- Ability to supervise and mentor NP and PA students and oversee community Health Aide clinical practice.
- Generous PTO – beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
YKHC applies Alaska Native/American Indian (under PL 93-638), EEO, and Veteran Preferences. Under federal and state laws, YKHC performs criminal history and background checks to ensure customers are protected.
Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health
For more information, please contact YKHC Recruitment at: email@example.com