Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Licensed Practical Nurse-Outpatient - Sign-On, Relocation and Retention Bonus
at Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation
Your passion is in what you do, the care you provide, and the dedication with which you serve. It is the same commitment with which our people live their lives, and in turn, share their culture.
With Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation in Bethel, Alaska, you’ll serve the over 50 rural communities in the Yukon Delta Region who come to us for care. You’ll grow your skills and expertise in a clinically challenging environment, and experience a community environment within a community that will embrace you as one of their own.
Serving the people of Southwestern Alaska, the Yukon-Kuskokwim Hospital is a 50-bed general acute care medical facility. Fully accredited by JCAHO, services include adult med/surg, pediatrics, obstetrics, emergency room, as well as outpatient family medicine clinics, pharmacy, lab, and imaging.
To provide quality nursing care to all patients. To serve as a viable member of the nursing staff, utilizing scope of practice. Provide care to all patients with respect of patient rights and dignity. Actual duties and responsibilities may vary depending on assigned areas
May be responsible to work in conjunction with Health Aides to ensure rooms are stocked and check-lists are completed. May assist in ordering medical supplies. While not taking call as a first responder, will be requested to screen calls over the phone and may be required to assist the mid-levels in the clinic after hours.
Applies age specific considerations and cultural diversity when rendering patient care. Supports Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation’s mission statement. Is responsible for care of all patients from birth to elderly.
- Graduate from an LNL school for LPN's or LVN's.
- In addition must be licensed as an LPN in the State of Alaska in good standing.
- New graduates accepted. Preferred one year hospital experience.
- Current CPR certification (BCLS) required.
- Must be licensed in good standing in the State of Alaska as a Registered Professional Nurse.
- Current BLS. The successful candidate will be required to pass and maintain competencies for this position.
- IV certification course.
- Preferred. Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Certification.
- Office machines (i.e., multi-line telephones, computers, copy machines, etc).
- Medical equipment as appropriate (dynamapp, thermometer, etc)
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to work in patient care setting.
- Knowledge of psychiatric patients.
- Generous PTO – beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
YKHC applies Alaska Native/American Indian (under PL 93-638), EEO, and Veteran Preferences. Under federal and state laws, YKHC performs criminal history and background checks to ensure customers are protected.
Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health
For more information, please contact YKHC Recruitment at: firstname.lastname@example.org