Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resource Generalist
at Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation
The Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC) is located in the Southwestern Alaska town of Bethel, with a total of approximately 6,000 people. YKHC supports 1500 employees, providing the health services to a primarily Yup'ik Eskimo Native population for an area the size of Oregon. Services are provided through a Bethel located hospital and 50 clinics throughout the YK Delta.
Provides support and assistance to the Director of Human Resources as requested and needed including information, reports and audits. Provides skills and advice in the technical areas of the department administrative functions.
The HR generalist performs human resources-related duties at the professional level and may carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas as is determined by the Director of Human Resources and YKHC Leadership: employee relations, training, employment, labor relations, affirmative action and employment equity programs.
Must have or acquire knowledge of appropriate and necessary clerical and specialized functions in the Corporation, a strong understanding of the Corporation’s organizational structure as well as an extensive knowledge of personnel policy and procedure and federal and state laws regarding employment practices. Complies with CMS/TJC standards, state and federal regulations, and established policies and procedures by administrating a program of compliance, which will include file maintenance and reporting. Processes various employment related documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
This position requires strong attention to detail and focus on process development and systems management and an extremely perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization. The generalist must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill and the business needs.
- High School diploma or GED is mandatory. Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, business or related field preferred.
- Two (2) years of previous experience in Human Resources.
- Valid Alaska Driver’s License, human resources professional certification preferred.
- General office equipment.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills are mandatory.
- Must have functional knowledge of necessary computer skills, technology, and software for human resources functions or ability to acquire necessary skills within 90 days.
- Strong experience in Microsoft products including Word, Excel, PPT.
- Must be able to complete a variety of tasks simultaneously, prioritize workload, and meet reporting and completion deadlines with attention to detail.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and written/oral communication skills.
- Generous PTO – beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
YKHC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian applicants who meet minimum requirements according to the provisions of P.L. 93-638.
Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health
For more information, please contact YKHC Recruitment at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-478-8905