Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Counselor - Certified
at Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation
With Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation in Bethel, Alaska, you’ll serve the over 50 rural communities in the Yukon Delta Region who come to us for care. You’ll grow your skills and expertise in a challenging environment, and experience a community environment within a community that will embrace you as one of their own.
Serving the people of Southwestern Alaska, the Yukon-Kuskokwim Hospital is a 50-bed general acute care medical facility. Fully accredited by JCAHO, services include adult med/surg, pediatrics, obstetrics, emergency room, as well as outpatient family medicine clinics, pharmacy, lab, and imaging.
To provide a full range of therapeutic and counseling services to substance abuse/mental health patients.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) year experience or equivalent education within the chemical dependency field.
- Certified Level I Substance Abuse Counselor or able to obtain within one (1) year of employment. First Aide/CPR Certified.
- Computer, telephone, availability of printing machine, dictionary and other organization and work related policy and procedures.
- Knowledge of communication skills plus motivation sufficient for learning in alcoholism counseling field.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to learn counseling skills through in-service training.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all unites of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- May monitor Counselor Trainee’s work.
- Generous PTO – beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
YKHC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian applicants who meet minimum requirements according to the provisions of P.L. 93-638.
Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health
For more information, please contact YKHC Recruitment at: email@example.com or 1-800-478-8905