Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cook - Long Term Care
at Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation
Skilled Nursing Facility
The Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC) is located in the Southwestern Alaska town of Bethel, with a total of approximately 6,000 people. YKHC supports 1500 employees, providing the health services to a primarily Yup'ik Eskimo Native population for an area the size of Oregon. Services are provided through a Bethel located hospital and 50 clinics throughout the YK Delta.
This position prepares and cooks food for daily production demands. This position also coordinates preparation, service, and delivery of special foodservice orders and catered events. This position is responsible for supervising and monitoring compliance with sanitation and infection control procedures and standards.
- Minimum Education: High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum Experience: Two years experience in an institutional foodservice setting.
- Licensing/Certification: Sanitation course certificate or must be eligible to complete a sanitation certification course.
- Equipment/Tools: Knowledge of the use, handling and maintenance of kitchen prep and cooking utensils, small kitchen appliances and institutional size kitchen appliances.
- Specialized Knowledge and Skills: Formal training in institutional food preparation.
- Generous PTO – beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
YKHC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian applicants who meet minimum requirements according to the provisions of P.L. 93-638.
Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health
For more information, please contact YKHC Recruitment at: email@example.com or 1-800-478-8905