Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Behavioral Health Clinician, Masters with License
at Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation
The Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC) is located in the Southwestern Alaska town of Bethel, with a total of approximately 6,000 people. YKHC supports 1500 employees, providing the health services to a primarily Yup'ik Eskimo Native population for an area the size of Oregon. Services are provided through a Bethel located hospital and 50 clinics throughout the YK Delta.
The purpose of this clinical position is to conduct consultations to individuals experiencing a variety of emotional, mental, or behavioral disturbances upon request from a medical professional in the acute care clinics of the YKDRH. The clinician will provide brief evaluations to reduce the impact of symptoms and/or coordinate a referral to other appropriate service providers within 3 contacts.
To perform this successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, or Nursing with a specialty in Mental Health.
- Two (2) years supervised experience providing various behavioral health direct services performed at a satisfactory level
- Experience in a cross-cultural setting, preferably with Native American cultures
- Alaska Drivers License and provide a copy of current driving record.
- Must provide a criminal record background.
- State of Alaska License Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) preferred
- Must have basic computer knowledge, and standard office equipment usage skills.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills. Proficiency in clinical assessment skills.
- Generous PTO – beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
YKHC applies Alaska Native/American Indian (under PL 93-638), EEO, and Veteran Preferences. Under federal and state laws, YKHC performs criminal history and background checks to ensure customers are protected.
Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health
For more information, please contact YKHC Recruitment at: email@example.com