Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation
With Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation in Bethel, Alaska, you’ll serve the over 50 rural communities in the Yukon Delta Region who come to us for care. You’ll grow your skills and expertise in a challenging environment, and experience a community environment within a community that will embrace you as one of their own.
Serving the people of Southwestern Alaska, the Yukon-Kuskokwim Hospital is a 50-bed general acute care medical facility. Fully accredited by The Joint Commission, services include adult med/surg, pediatrics, obstetrics, emergency room, as well as outpatient family medicine clinics, pharmacy, lab, and imaging.
Perform registration, admission and scheduling functions for all inpatient and outpatient services provided by YKHC. Collect, update, and input patient demographics, history and insurance information into appropriate computer repository. Maintain or establish patient eligibility and primary provider on all patient encounters. Ensures appointment time is timely, communicates with clinics with patient appointment and registration status.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Computer literacy required.
- One year office experience.
- One year in customer service position.
- One year IBM or compatible computer system.
- Basic knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Type 40 words per minute and 10-key experience.
- Has worked with Medicaid or commerical insurance preferrably.
- Held job for minimum of one year continuously.
- Yup’ik speaker preferred.
- Generous PTO – beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
YKHC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian applicants who meet minimum requirements according to the provisions of P.L. 93-638.
Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health
For more information, please contact YKHC Recruitment at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-478-8905