Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation
The Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC) is located in the Southwestern Alaska town of Bethel, with a total of approximately 6,000 people. YKHC supports 1500 employees, providing the health services to a primarily Yup'ik Eskimo Native population for an area the size of Oregon. Services are provided through a Bethel located hospital and 50 clinics throughout the YK Delta.
Monitor, analyze, and/or review financial summary and detailed reports, internal/external reports, state and federal agency mandated reports, documents, studies, or records for accuracy, proper accounts and charges, coding, and compliance, implementing corrections and resolving discrepancies as necessary.
Review and verify reconciliation of subsidiary ledgers on monthly basis.
Assist in preparation of schedules for independent auditors.
Extract and analyze financial data in preparation of Medicare, Indirect, and other regulatory reporting.
Ensure accurate and timely accounting and reporting, and provide analysis of key financial indicators which contribute to company profitability and planning.
Assist in training and work as a back-up for other accounting functions.
Work independently to deliver accurate and timely results.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Two years of accounting experience in hospital environment with fund accounting. Prefer medicare Cost Report preparation experience.
- Valid AK Driver’s License or ability to acquire within six months of hire.
- Ten Key by touch - Prefer AS400 experience also.
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of the accounting and budget processes, internal controls, bookkeeping procedures, automated accounting systems, fund accounting and accounting system requirements. Computer experience required. Extensive experience with databases, query language (such as Access and Crystal Report Writer) and Excel. Ability to define problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Ability to work independently with minimum supervision. Ability to operate business office equipment.
- Supervising a group of 1-4 subordinates.
- Generous PTO – beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
YKHC is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian applicants who meet minimum requirements according to the provisions of P.L. 93-638.
Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health
For more information, please contact YKHC Recruitment at: email@example.com or 1-800-478-8905