The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
MAINTENANCE WORKER TECHNICIAN
at The Geo Group
Facility: TUNDRA CENTER
Compensation Base: $25.00
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position performs general maintenance work at the facility including plumbing, electrical, carpentry and painting.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs facility maintenance including plumbing, electrical, carpentry, landscaping as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor or Facility Director so that the facility operation is not adversely affected.
- Maintains security and control of all tools.
- Follows all maintenance safety procedures and ensure compliance so that resident and staff accidents are prevented.
- Responds to facility maintenance requests in a timely manner so that facility is always in a safe condition.
- Runs errands to pick up necessary supplies as needed to ensure they are on hand to keep the facility running smoothly.
- Communicates with residents and staff in a professional manner to affirm and enhance self-esteem and dignity and to maintain positive resident and staff relations.
- Participates in staff meetings by sharing observations and recommendations regarding the facility, residents and staff relations to identify and solve problems and function as a unified team.
- Completes in-service training to meet the requirements for continued personal and professional self-development. (Full-time employees 40 hours per year and proportionate hours for all other classifications of employees.)
- Maintains confidentiality obtained through job duties regarding employees, vendors, residents, outside agencies, etc. so that sensitive information is only given on a “need to know” basis.
- Complies with company work rules and policies as explained in the company Employee Handbook, and the Facility Policies and Procedures Manual; and responds positively to directives from managers and supervisors in a cooperative spirit to ensure conformance to standards.
- Adheres to company attendance policy; work overtime as required, to ensure adequate coverage of the program and to ensure the safety and security of the residents.
- Complies with facility safety rules; take appropriate corrective action to ensure work is performed in a safe manner and without injury to self or others.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of staff in a manner that promotes a team spirit and a sense of cooperation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Two years general maintenance experience.
- Must have knowledge of equipment necessary for making proper repairs.
- Able to perform general plumbing, carpentry, mechanical and electrical repairs.
- Effectively communicates with residents and staff.
- Ability to react quickly and appropriately in an emergency situation
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.