Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Environmental Service Aide – Part Time or Pool
- # of Openings
SCA, a leader in the outpatient surgery industry, strategically partners with health plans, medical groups and health systems across the country to develop and optimize surgical facilities. SCA operates more than 210 surgical facilities, including ambulatory surgery centers and surgical hospitals, in partnership with approximately 7,500 physicians. For more information on SCA, visit www.scasurgery.com.
We are Alaska’s premier Ambulatory Surgery Center and growing.
The Alaska Surgery Center provides same day surgery with 23 hour observation, in the areas including Orthopedics, Podiatry, Ophthalmology, ENT, Plastics, Dentistry, Urology, Neurosurgery, Gynecology, and General Surgery. We currently have approximately 40 physician owners in a broad spectrum of specialties. We take pride in our excellent patient care and being the number one Surgery Center of choice in Alaska.
If you are looking for the best of the best in employers and wanting to spend more time with your family then look no further. No weekend, on-call or night shifts. We are interested in your future clinical career goals and look forward to hearing from you.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
Environmental Service Aide, current nursing student or health science student, CNA.
“Local Hire Only”
The Environmental Services Aide is responsible for between patient cleaning and preparation of rooms, stocking and distribution of supplies, and general duties for the provision of patient care to meet identified patient outcomes, and to achieve the goals of the facility as directed by the Registered Nurse. The Environmental Aide performs duties according to scope of practice designated by the facility position description, role and responsibilities and according to acquired certifications.
- Must be self-directed and works under direction of the Registered Nurse
- Demonstrates an understanding to protect the safety of self, staff, and patients
- Ability to set priorities
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a time-efficient manner
- Ability to communicate appropriately with all personnel within the practice setting
- Demonstrates knowledge of the concepts of infection control within the work setting and the safe disposal of hazardous waste material within the workplace
- Demonstrates accountability and responsibility for meeting standards for cleaning and handling sterile supplies according to policy and procedure of the facility
- Demonstrates the knowledge and proper use of protective clothing and eyewear in the work setting
- Assumes accountability and responsibility for own actions
- Implements activities that ensure patient safety
- Communicates with the Peri-anesthesia and Peri-operative team
- Completes competencies and competencies checklists for education and training specific to job position, duties, role and responsibilities and according to facility policy and schedule
- Follows all universal precautions, blood borne pathogen procedures and uses personal protective equipment as needed
- Utilizes time effectively
- Follows established facility policies and procedures with regard to attendance
- Other duties as assigned
- Good visual acuity, accurate color vision
- Ability to lift/transfer patients in excess of 100 pounds, which may require pushing, pulling and essentially utilizing a full range of body movement.
- Ability to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or crawl.
- Ability to reach, grasp, use fine finger movement and feel fine sensation to discern temperature, texture, size and shape
- Ability to speak and hear
- Required - Current nursing student or health science student or Certified Nursing Assistant
- Required – Must be enrolled in UAA, Charter College, or hold a CNA certificate
- Required - Current BLS card or within 90 days of hire
Please send resumes to Christina.firstname.lastname@example.org