State of Alaska
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Nurse Aide I (PCN 02-7583M)
at State of Alaska
- Job Description
- Effective July 1, 2020 the wage for this position increased by 1%. The wage listed in this job posting reflects the increase.
This position is open to Alaska Residents only.
Please check our residency definition to determine if you qualify.
The mission of the Division of the Alaska Pioneer Homes is: "Providing elder Alaskans a home and community, celebrating life through its final breath."
This position is a member of the Anchorage Pioneer Home providing person-centered support in a safe environment for up to one hundred sixty-eight (168) elders.
Our division values are:
- Positive Attitude: "We enjoy what we do." Optimism inspires open-mindedness and creativity.
- Love: "We love who we serve." Out of love and respect for our residents, we put their needs before staff convenience.
- Accountability: "We do what we say." We are accountable to our residents, to their families and to each other. Accepting responsibility is essential as we plan and deliver care.
- Trust: "We say what we mean." Open and honest communication is crucial to earning the trust of our residents, their families and our coworkers.
- Excellence: "We provide excellent care, every resident, every day every time." Our own excellence inspires excellence in others, including residents, families and our coworkers.
What you will be doing: Provide high quality personal care to assisted living home residents in a warm, supportive, and caring manner. Following the resident's Assisted Living Plan, this position assists residents with lifting, turning, moving, positioning, and with transporting into and out of bed, wheelchairs, bathtubs, lifts, and using walkers and canes, etc. This position is also part of a team providing programs that promote physical well-being and relationships by involving residents in activities where they engage in meaningful person to person social interchange with other residents, family, friends and staff.
The benefits to joining our team: Joining our team will provide opportunities to make a positive impact on the quality of life for our Alaskan elders by providing excellent person-centered loving care and services. This position is surrounded by elder residents with many years of life experiences and wisdom who are in varying stages of their life journey.
The working environment you can expect: This job is located in the Anchorage Pioneer Home, an assisted living home at 923 W 11th Ave in Anchorage, Alaska. It overlooks an area known as the Park Strip with views of the Chugach Mountains easily visible from most floors of the home. This position works under the direction of a registered nurse as part of our direct care staff and is responsible for providing assistance and personal care to the residents living in the home.
Who we are looking for: Position-specific knowledge, skills and abilities that are desired or contribute to the success in this position:
- Skilled in verbal and non-verbal communication.
- Ability to perform basic nursing, hygiene and restorative tasks for individuals with cognitive or mobility impairments.
- Ability to recognize abnormal signs and symptoms of common diseases and conditions.
- Ability to be physically active, including the ability to lift 50 pounds, and transfer, position, and assist in ambulation of individuals with varying levels of cognitive or mobility abilities.
- Ability to lead small and large group activities with enthusiasm, creativity and flexibility.
Other Job information:
- This position is in support of the Pioneer Home, which is a 24 hour facility.
- This Pioneer Home is an Eden Alternative facility, where the environment includes contact with plants, flowers, and pets including cats, dogs, fish and birds.
- Employees of the Pioneer Home receive continual screening for tuberculosis and criminal history.
A cover letter is NOT required for this position. Your complete application [, including supplemental questions,] will be used to determine which applicants will advance to the interview phase of the recruitment and selection process.
To view the general description and example of duties for the Certified Nurse Aide I positions, please go to the following link: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/Alaska/classspecs
- Minimum Qualifications
Eligibility for certification to practice as a Certified Nurse Aide in the State of Alaska.
Candidates not currently certified by the State of Alaska, who otherwise meet the eligibility requirements for certification as a Nurse Aide in the State of Alaska and requisite qualifying experience, may apply for vacancies in this job class. Applicants qualifying under this option may receive a conditional job offer; however, proof of certification will be required prior to final appointment and reporting for duty.
Some positions may require the successful applicant to pass a background investigation, including fingerprinting, as a prerequisite to employment. These requirements will be indicated at the time of recruitment.
Some positions may require the successful applicant to provide proof they are free from active pulmonary tuberculosis at the time of hire. Employees are required to be tested annually. These requirements will be indicated at the time of recruitment.
- Additional Required Information
Effective June 1, 2020 all General Government Unit positions are converting to a bi-weekly pay schedule (paid every two weeks).
The salary listed in this job posting reflects a bi-weekly salary amount.
At time of interview applicant must provide:
- Two (2) professional references (including work/supervisor-related) and three (3) character references (personal) with current contact information.
- Present a copy of current State of Alaska Certified Nurse Aide certificate or proof of eligibility for licensure.
- For Certified Nurse Aide I: Present a copy of current State of Alaska Certified Nurse Aide certificate, or proof of eligibility.
- Provide current evidence of negative results to COVID-19 testing performed within 2 weeks prior to start date. See IMPORTANT NOTE below.
IMPORTANT NOTE: As part of the employment requirement at this unprecedented time COVID-19 testing with negative results will be required prior to appointment.
If selected and prior to hire, applicant will be asked to:
- Submit to fingerprinting and criminal background check screening.
- Provide current evidence to be free from active pulmonary tuberculosis (TB) with test results dated within the last 12 months prior to start date.
- Provide a copy of current CPR and First Aid certificate(s), if available.
Please read the below information carefully. This applies to your application submission.
For your application to be evaluated you must answer the Supplemental Questions. Be specific in your answers and tell us how you acquired the relevant experience. Please use complete sentences and proof-read your submissions when answering the supplemental questions. Your responses will be considered a writing sample and will be used to determine which applicants will advance to the interview phase of the recruitment process.
To verify education being used to meet the required minimum qualifications, you must fill in the Education section of the application. If you have not obtained a degree, please indicate the number of units completed. Copies of transcripts are required to verify educational credentials being used to meet the minimum qualifications for a position and are required with each application. (Unofficial are okay, please ensure that the institution/URL name is listed on the transcripts). Transcripts can be attached at the time of application, provided at the time of interview or if not provided, transcripts will be required prior to appointment.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR FOREIGN EDUCATION
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the above requirements, if applicable. If utilizing this education you must show that the education credentials have been submitted to a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign educational credentials and that such education has been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education programs; or an accredited U.S. state university reports the other institution as one whose transcript is given full value, or full value is given in subject areas applicable to the curricula at the state university. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. Omission of required documentation listed will result in an incomplete application and you will not receive further consideration.
When using work experience not already documented in your application, please provide the employer name, your job title, dates of employment, and whether full-or part-time. Applications will be reviewed to determine if the responses are supported and minimum qualifications are clearly met. Work experience needed to meet the minimum qualifications must be documented in the application. If the application does not support minimum qualifications, the applicant may not advance to the interview and selection phase of the recruitment. A resume will not be used to determine that minimum qualifications have been met for the position in which you are applying.
If you are currently or previously been appointed to a flexibly staffed position please ensure your work experience within a flexibly staffed position indicates the actual dates employed at each level. Ensure your time and any subsequent flex promotion(s) are documented as a separate position. This is required as there are minimum qualifications that require experience at a particular level in which the lower level may not be considered. If this information is not accurately reflected in your application this may cause the processing of your application for consideration to be delayed.
NOTE: Attaching a resume or curriculum vitae is not an alternative to filling out the application in its entirety. Noting "see resume or CV" or any similar response on any portion of your application may lead to a determination your application is incomplete and removal from consideration for this job posting.
The State of Alaska does not provide VISA Employer sponsorships.
This position is open to Alaska Residents only. Please check our residency definition to determine if you qualify.
This recruitment may be used for more than one (1) vacancy. The applicant pool acquired during this recruitment may be used for future vacancies for up to ninety (90) days after this recruitment closes. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply to each recruitment notice to ensure consideration for all vacancies.
You can ONLY apply for this position through the Workplace Alaska website or via hardcopy application. If you accessed this recruitment bulletin through a job search portal such as ALEXsys or any other database, you MUST use a Workplace Alaska online or hardcopy application to successfully apply. Instructions on how to apply with Workplace Alaska may be found on the Workplace Alaska "How to Apply" webpage, found here: http://doa.alaska.gov/dop/workplace/help/
Questions regarding the application process can be directed to the Workplace Alaska hotline at 800-587-0430 (toll free) or (907) 465- 4095. If you choose to be contacted by email, please ensure your email address is correct on your application and that the spam filter will permit email from the 'govermentjobs.com' domains. For information on allowing emails from the 'governmentjobs.com' domains, visit the Lost Password Help page located at https://www.governmentjobs.com/OnlineApplication/User/ResetPassword
The State of Alaska complies with Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).Individuals with disabilities, who require accommodation, auxiliary aides or services, or alternative communication formats, please call 1-800-587-4095 in Juneau or TTY: Alaska Relay 711 or 1-800-770-8973 or correspond with the Division of Personnel & Labor Relations at: P. O. Box 110201, Juneau, AK 99811-0201. The State of Alaska is an equal opportunity employer.
- Contact Information
WORKPLACE ALASKA APPLICATION QUESTIONS & ASSISTANCE
Questions regarding application submission or system operation errors should be directed to the Workplace Alaska hotline at 1-800-587-0430 (toll free) or (907) 465-4095 if you are located in the Juneau area. Requests for information may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org .
For applicant password assistance please visit:
For specific information in reference to the position please contact the hiring manager at:
Name: Mila Rescober
Title: Pioneers Home Assistant Administrator
Phone: (907) 343-7245
Fax: (907) 343-7272 (MUST CALL BEFORE to make fax arrangements)