Southeast Alaska Regional Health Consortium
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Behavioral Health Clinician II or III
at Southeast Alaska Regional Health Consortium
|Title:||Behavioral Health Clinician II or III|
|Job Status:||Full Time|
Behavioral Health Clinician II or III
SEARHC was established in 1975 under the provisions of the Indian Self-Determination Act as a non-profit health consortium which serves the health interests of the residents of Southeast Alaska. The intent of this legislation was to have Indian Health Service programs and facilities turned over to tribal management. Our contracting with IHS began in 1976 when we took over management of the Community Health Aides Program. In 1982, we took over operation of the IHS Juneau clinic, now the Ethel Lund Medical Center, and took over operation of Sitka’s Mt. Edgecumbe Hospital in 1986. We are one of the oldest and largest Native-run health organizations in the nation.
This position provides a variety of treatment services including individual, group, family, and marital therapy to any and all clients from birth to elder. This position also provides clinical services such as intake/diagnostic evaluations, case evaluations, and crisis intervention; as well as acts as a liaison with other agencies as required. This position is a member of an interdisciplinary treatment team and provides regular clinical supervision, ensures proper maintenance of clinical records in accordance with insurance regulations and established SEARHC policies and procedures. A clinician ensures that clinical productivity standards as established and followed. This position is available for after-hours telephone contact for clients in crisis when needed and as assigned; in addition to providing clinical support in person or by phone as needed at any SEARHC location within the Behavioral Health Division.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Masters Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or related discipline from an accredited educational institution. Must be licensed as or in the process of becoming a: Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist (LMFT).
- Clinician II (grade 17): Clinician who is already licensed with a minimum of 3 years of post-masters clinical experience in multidisciplinary mental health setting prefer someone with at least 4 years of work experience as a clinician.
- Clinician III (grade 18): Clinician who is already licensed and has at least five years of experience working in the field and who will/ could provide supervision to Community Family Service Worker’s or other professionals.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION
- Meets the educational requirements for licensure in Alaska as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or a Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist at time of hire. Applicant may need to accrue supervised clinical hours and/or take the exam for licensure. Once licensure is obtained it is a requirement to keep it current for the duration of employment.
- Valid State of Alaska Driver’s License or can be obtained within 6 months of hire.
- Alaska State Chemical Dependency Counselor I or MAC certificate or equivalent preferred.
- Must be 21 years of age.
At SEARHC, we see our employees as our strongest assets. It is our priority to further their development and our organization by aiding in their professional advancement. Working at SEARHC is more than a job, it’s a fulfilling career.
We offer generous benefits, including retirement, paid time off, paid parental leave, health, dental, and vision benefits, life insurance and long and short-term disability, and more.
Check out our SEARHC YouTube Video below!