South Peninsula Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SOCIAL SERVICES/ACTIVITY BSW (PCN 235)
at South Peninsula Hospital
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 720
Categories: Non-Profit/Social Services
Work Hours: 8a-4:30p
POSITION PURPOSE: Member of the
- Must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Bachelor of Social Work or related degree from an accredited program, OR a minimum work history experience of five (5) years in the field required.
- Experience working with the Geriatric population with two years (2) clinical Social Service experience in a Nursing Home Facility, hospital or similar setting is preferable.
- Basic knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, Medicare D and other payer sources required.
- Knowledge and understanding of Resident Rights, Abuse Prevention and Resident Centered Care required.
- Knowledge of local and State agencies and services provided, is preferred.
- Basic understanding of Federal and State regulations pertaining to
LTCis preferred upon hire, required by the end of first employment year.
- Must have the ability to work independently and as a collaborative team member.
- Use of Microsoft Word, e-mail and ability to complete computer documentation is required.
- Technical writing skills and/or knowledge of Policy/Procedure development preferred.
- Excellent speaking, listening and writing skills required for effectively communicating with others, to document care provided, to formulate letters to residents/legal representatives and to assist with draft policy development is required.
- Current Alaska driver’s license with ability to drive the
LTCvan. Able to be accepted on SPHdriving insurance.
- Maintains current Basic Life Support certification.
- Must complete general and Social Service orientations for Long Term Care.
The individual in this position oversees, affords guidance to and will provide annual evaluation input for the staff working in the SS and Activity Programs. Providing input for the staff evaluation process for other LTC staff in relation to resident rights, resident centered care and SS training issues will be expected. The person in this position may be called upon to assist in working with trainee RN/LPN/
We invite you to join our team of professionals at South Peninsula Hospital located in scenic Homer, Alaska. As the largest employer in the community, we offer an extraordinary work/life balance, as well as competitive pay and benefits. Our employees enjoy a rewarding career with astounding opportunities for growth and professional advancement, and the ability to explore the natural habitat and beauty of Alaska.
You will be captivated by Homer, a small, charming seaside community surrounded by gorgeous and bountiful mountains, beaches, glaciers, sea life, wildlife, amazing fishing and hunting, and breathtaking views of Kachemak Bay. You will be impressed with the surrounding schools, museums, art galleries, fine dining options, and seaside accommodations.
Let your next adventure take you to Homer, Alaska, long known as the “Halibut Fishing Capital of the World.” Whether you are an experienced professional, or just starting your career, we invite you to explore career opportunities with South Peninsula Hospital. Working at South Peninsula Hospital is not just a job – it’s a career. You will absolutely love it here!
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!