South Peninsula Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
PEDIATRIC PHYSICAL THERAPIST (PCN 256)
at South Peninsula Hospital
Work Hours: 7:30a-4p
The physical therapist assumes professional responsibility for providing evaluation and treatment for clients requiring services as defined by Alaska’s Physical Therapy Association (AKAPTA) and the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA). The physical therapist will be responsible for developing treatment plans and the implementation and documentation of treatment plans. They will also be responsible for appropriate communication (verbal & written) with other service and medical providers, intake/billing specialists and family members.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience with pediatrics and an active interest in working with a multidisciplinary pediatric therapy team.
- The ability to market pediatric services and engender confidence among providers and clients
- A degree in physical therapy from an accredited university.
- Successful completion of the National Physical Therapy Examination.
- Current licensure in good standing to practice physical therapy in the state of Alaska, or the ability to acquire current licensure in an appropriate time frame.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification accredited by the American Heart Association.
We invite you to join our team of professionals at South Peninsula Hospital. As the largest employer in the community, we offer an extraordinary work/life balance, as well as competitive pay and benefits. Our employees enjoy a rewarding career with astounding opportunities for growth, and the ability to explore the natural habitat and beauty of Alaska.
You will be captivated by Homer, a small, charming seaside community surrounded by gorgeous and bountiful mountains, beaches, glaciers, sea life, wildlife, amazing fishing, and breathtaking views of Kachemak Bay. You will also be impressed with the surrounding schools, museums, art galleries, fine dining options, and seaside accommodations.
Let your next adventure take you to Homer, Alaska, long known as the “Halibut Fishing Capital of the World.” You will absolutely love it here!