South Peninsula Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE - LTC (PCN 969)
at South Peninsula Hospital
Work Hours: 6-6
The LTC Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)/Registered Nurse (RN) provides skilled nursing assessments and direct care to the LTC resident. This person takes as active role in planning resident care and ensures the quality of care given to the resident. The LPN/RN may function in the role of charge nurse and/or floor nurse by administering medications/treatments to the resident; oversee, monitor, and coordinate care performed by assigned staff per State/Federal regulations. The LPN/RN may be required to provide nursing care in other nursing departments of the facility to meet resident/patient care needs.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must possess a current license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse in the State of Alaska
- Must keep current with CEU credits as required by the State of Alaska
- Maintains BLS certification.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in Gerontology, preferable in a Long Term Care facility, is desired.
- Speaking, listening, and writing skills required to effectively communicate with others, and to document care provided. Ability to complete computer documentation is required.
- Numerical ability is required to calculate drug dosages.
- Obtains and maintains competency in IV therapy per facility policy.
- Must complete General and Licensed staff orientation for LTC.
- Must have ability to organize tasks.
- Supervisory Skills/aptitude.
We invite you to join our team of professionals at South Peninsula Hospital. As the largest employer in the community, we offer an extraordinary work/life balance, as well as competitive pay and benefits. Our employees enjoy a rewarding career with astounding opportunities for growth, and the ability to explore the natural habitat and beauty of Alaska.
You will be captivated by Homer, a small, charming seaside community surrounded by gorgeous and bountiful mountains, beaches, glaciers, sea life, wildlife, amazing fishing, and breathtaking views of Kachemak Bay. You will also be impressed with the surrounding schools, museums, art galleries, fine dining options, and seaside accommodations.
Let your next adventure take you to Homer, Alaska, long known as the “Halibut Fishing Capital of the World.” You will absolutely love it here!