South Peninsula Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HOME HEALTH - CERTIFIED NURSE AIDE (PCN 800)
at South Peninsula Hospital
Work Hours: Days
Functions as a member of the Community Health Services health team to provide personal care to clients, under the direction of a Registered Nurse. The CNA strives to assist clients to maintain and/or gain their optimal state of health and self-care, and to provide dignity and comfort.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age
- Must have successfully completed a Certified Nurse Aide course of study, be certified by the State of Alaska, and maintain this certification on a biannual basis.
- Maintain continuing education credits current as required by the State of Alaska and/or SPH.
- Maintain a valid certificate in first aid and BLS issued by the American Heart Association, or other agency approved by the department.
- Maintain a valid Alaska driver’s license.
- Have reliable transportation and maintain liability insurance on any vehicle used for program related travel.
- Demonstrated ability to lift up to 50 pounds without self injury, as well as ability to walk and stand for prolonged periods of time, including stooping and sitting.
We invite you to join our team of professionals at South Peninsula Hospital located in scenic Homer, Alaska. As the largest employer in the community, we offer an extraordinary work/life balance, as well as competitive pay and benefits. Our employees enjoy a rewarding career with astounding opportunities for growth and professional advancement, and the ability to explore the natural habitat and beauty of Alaska.
You will be captivated by Homer, a small, charming seaside community surrounded by gorgeous and bountiful mountains, beaches, glaciers, sea life, wildlife, amazing fishing and hunting, and breathtaking views of Kachemak Bay. You will be impressed with the surrounding schools, museums, art galleries, fine dining options, and seaside accommodations.
Let your next adventure take you to Homer, Alaska, long known as the “Halibut Fishing Capital of the World.” Whether you are an experienced professional, or just starting your career, we invite you to explore career opportunities with South Peninsula Hospital. Working at South Peninsula Hospital is not just a job – it’s a career. You will absolutely love it here!