Services Group of America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Delivery/Warehouse Associate-Sitka Alaska
at Services Group of America
- Job ID
- Job Location
- Working Hours
- Varies by season
Do you have a passion for helping others succeed? Food Services of America is looking for a Lead Delivery Associate to partner with our sales team, provide excellent customer service to our customers and to grow their success in Southeast Alaska. Our family owned company is committed to finding the right, motivated associate to join our team. At FSA, we believe that delivering a greater customer experience starts with our associates.
The Lead Delivery/Warehouse Associate will work directly with our Operations Team and Sales Associates to coordinate shipping needs, ensure deliveries are being made in a timely manner and help ensure that all of our associates are following safe work methods.
We are currently looking for an outgoing, energetic, individual to join our team. As a fast-growing foodservice distributor, Food Services of America treats our customers as the boss and our Associates as our most important resource. Our growth provides Associates opportunities to drive their career. Apply Now and Join Our Team!
This position is in the Sitka/SE Alaska area.
We do drug test and background investigations
- Receive product into our facility and ensure product integrity.
- Assist with unloading and loading of containers at our facility.
- Assist with proper loading of FSA equipment for deliveries.
- Deliver products to our customers in a timely manner.
- To help ensure routes are built as efficient as possible, coordinate with routing and sales to make adjustments in routes.
- Ensure safe work methods are practiced daily.
- Assist with training and developing other associates.
- Ensure drivers maintain DOT compliance fully utilizing OBS (on board computer)
- Support management decisions and impartially enforce company standards.
- Serve as a backup Delivery associate as needed in other Southeast locations.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Clean driving record with a Class B CDL license preferred
- Two years verifiable driving experience preferred.
- Ramp food delivery experience preferred not required.
- Specialized Skills-Basic computer knowledge and experience helpful, organizational skills and ability to work independently a necessity.
- Interpersonal Skills-Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to work well with all levels of associates to organize, prioritize, manage and solve problems.
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to pass background investigation and drug test.
- Frequent stand/walk during delivery activities.
- Frequent sitting throughout work shift.
- Frequent lifting and carrying of up to 50 lbs., occasionally up to 65 lbs., rarely up to 100 lbs., 3-4 feet from pallet to hand truck to off load area.
- Frequent push/pulling frequently up to 175 lbs., and occasionally up to 200 lbs. using both hands/arms, to transport loaded hand truck up/down curbs and stairs.
- Frequent steering and maneuvering gear controls and clutch to safely drive vehicle.
- In truck cab, trailer, or customer location 80% of the time, exposure to outdoors during delivery 20% of the time.
- Hazards include: moving vehicles, equipment, slippery surfaces, noise, exhaust fumes and exposure to various weather conditions during delivery activities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/Vets/Disabled.