Providence Health & Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN Case Manager - Hospice
at Providence Health & Services
Providence is calling a Registered Nurse Case Manager (Hospice, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) at Providence Home Services - Hospice in Anchorage, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Manage a nursing caseload that includes patients requiring a broad spectrum of care, who reside in a variety of environments, and in a wide geographical area, by practicing good organizational and time management skills.
- Initiate the admission and plan of care. Confer with physicians and other hospice team members to develop the interdisciplinary Hospice plan of care.
- Continuously evaluate the patient and family's psychosocial, spiritual, and physical needs, including the need for respite care. Initiate necessary referrals in a timely manner.
- Teach, supervise, and counsel the patient and caregivers regarding patient care in accordance with the patient and family's wishes including cultural and religious practices, emotional barriers, desire and motivation to learn, physical and/or cognitive limitations, communication styles, and language barriers.
- Maintain patient clinical, progress, and itinerary records to meet JCAHO and Federal regulations.
- Direct the care given by the Home Health Aides, respite aides and volunteers by providing verbal and written instruction.
- Inform the physician, members of the hospice team and other parties as indicated of change in the patient's condition and needs.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Alaska State Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Reliable transportation with a valid Alaska driver's license and automobile insurance according to Alaska State Motor Vehicle laws
- Knowledge of end of life (EOL) care
- Pharmacology, Phlebotomy, and IV skills
- Experience in Oncology, Hospice, Long Term Care or Homecare
- Knowledge of infusion therapy