Providence Health & Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
C.N.A. - Resident Assistant
at Providence Health & Services
Providence is calling a Resident Assistant (PVC ICF Nursing, Variable Shift, 0.90 FTE) to the Providence Valdez Medical Center in Valdez, Alaska.
The Resident Assistant functions as a member of the nursing staff under the supervision of a Registered or Licensed Nurse who is the Team Leader.
In this position you will:
- Perform basic routine nursing tasks that provide for the comfort and care of the patient or resident, these duties/tasks center around the resident by assisting them in all activities of daily living.
- Report observation of patients to the Team Leader.
- Perform functional tasks that maintain the orderliness of the nursing unit and contributes to the effective overall functioning of the clinical area.
- Assist in the admissions and discharges of patients and residents in the clinical area, to include transporting patients to and from rooms, orienting patients to their physical surroundings, obtaining and recording vital signs, and accurately completing admission, charges for service, and discharge information.
- Be responsible for routine, ongoing patient and resident care which includes documenting Intake and Output of patients, providing assistance with personal hygiene, nutrition, activities and exercises while maintaining patient safety and patient rights at all times.
- Be responsible for collecting specimens and assists in performing, recording and reporting results.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current State of Alaska Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification - New CNA graduates and candidates that hold a current, unencumbered nurse assistant certification or registration from another U.S. state must obtain the State of Alaska certification within 4 months of employment
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification or obtained within 90 days of hire
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 6 months experience as a resident assistant, nurse aide, nursing assistant or private care giver
About the Providence Valdez Medical Center
Providence Valdez Medical Center is a 21 bed Critical Access Hospital and we employ about 100 people (87 FTE's). Of those 21 beds, 10 are licensed Long Term Care beds and 11 are Acute/Swing Beds. We have four physicians on our active medical staff who practice out of the Valdez Medical Clinic. Our average daily census is three-four inpatients and 20-30 outpatients. Our facility contains an emergency room, labor room, post-partum, nursery, cardiac room, orthopedic, and med/surg rooms. We also have an operating room for emergency surgeries and elective procedures, C-sections, hernias and appendectomies. All our beds are licensed for “swing bed” status of which 1-3 are usually occupied.