OBEC Consulting Engineers
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at OBEC Consulting Engineers
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design and review of preliminary and final landscape plans, details, specifications and support graphics.
- Design and review of preliminary site plans and concept level development packages to include utility requirements, drainage and site grading.
- Preparation of photographic overlays, presentation graphics and mounting prepared materials for presentations to community councils, various boards and commissions and the Anchorage Municipal Assembly.
- Reviews and presents proposed planning and construction plans at community councils, Planning and Zoning Commission and the Urban Design Commission.
- Resolution of conditions of approval with Municipal agencies and local utility companies.
- Preparation, review, and approval of the final landscape architecture plans, coordinate with design team members and resolve community concerns.
- Serve as task manager or project manager on planning or construction projects. Monitor completion of work against schedule and budget constraints.
- Acting as a mentor to Landscape Architects I and II as well as Landscape Planners.
- Preparation of proposals for planning and construction projects; from scope and scheduling of proposed work to the preparation of the budget to complete the work.
- Distributes work to staff members and manages them related to completing work of a high quality, on time and on budget.
- Reviews invoicing prior to going out to the client, and actively reviews job-to-date costs as the project progresses.
- Consistently exercise discretion and judgment in all work tasks.
Qualifications. To be successful in this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
A Baccalaureate degree in landscape architecture and five years related work experience are required. A Masters degree in landscape architecture is desirable.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Licensure as a Professional Landscape Architect.
Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret scientific and technical journals. Ability to respond to inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to clients, co-workers, and the public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with abstract and concrete variables.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Project, and Adobe Suite. Knowledge of AutoCAD, SketchIp and GIS is helpful. Physical Demands. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
DOWL is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority, female, veteran, and disabled candidates are encouraged to apply.
Our company THRIVES ON DIFFERENCES! All we ask is that our employees and applicants continue to learn how to work better together. We believe in adjustment first, accommodation always. We believe that people come to work every day with positive intent.