Northern Air Cargo
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
NAC - SOCC Duty Manager
at Northern Air Cargo
NAC - SOCC Duty Manager
Exciting opportunity with growing cargo airline! This Anchorage, AK based position handles both domestic and international flights. Ensure smooth flight operations during shift. Give input and ideas for operation of expanding department. Looking for someone with a track-record of taking charge and resolving any problems that arise during the air cargo flight process. Handle competing, time-sensitive priorities. Need strong communication skills and ability to interact successfully with customers and other stakeholders. Position requires use of multiple computer systems. Any international aviation experience a plus.
Works with in the Systems Operations Control Center (SOCC) and is responsible for managing the NAC operation within 72 hours. Is responsible for coordinating the efforts of the Flight Control Agents, Crew Schedulers, Operations Planners and Maintenance Controllers
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
1. Coordinate with customers to ensure proper commercial prioritization of customer needs and contractual obligations are met.
2. Communicate with the customers regarding the operational requirements, schedule changes and delays within 72 hours.
3. Work with Customers to coordinate charters, flag stops, ACMI agreements and other immediate needs.
4. Assure safe operation of all flights.
5. Will manage and direct resources during irregular operations to effect recovery of the schedule for the customers.
6. Work with all customers and or sub-service contractors to establish schedule contingencies during unexpected schedule disruptions.
7. Manage daily operations meetings and information flow in and out of the SOCC.
8. Will track and code delays and incidents regarding flights to compile data for KPIs.
9.Supervise System Operations Control Centre (SOCC) personnel while on duty.
10. Oversee and manage the company’s flight and ground operations while on duty.
11. Plan, direct, coordinate and communicate daily operational activities to all relevant airline departments and outstation personnel.
12. Liaise with government and airport authorities as it pertains to operational matters that occur while on shift.
13. Responsible for the overall management and assignment of flights to be operated.
14. Ensure the timely dissemination of pertinent information to all departments impacted by aircraft swaps, flight delays, cancellations and any such details that may affect the operation.
15. Management of on-demand market
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, 5-year background check, 10-year criminal history check and security threat assessment.
• 5 Years of aviation and logistics experience in a leadership role, preferably as a flight follower, crew scheduler, maintenance controller or lead mechanic, load master, cargo service or operations planning.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED; three years minimum with five years preferred airline operations experience, or an equivalent combination or education and experience.
• Ability to effectively write business reports and correspondence. Ability to effectively present information both orally and written to groups of other managers or subordinates as well as to customers and the general public.
• Must be able to manage multiple priorities and make decisions based on all available facts.
• Must have a working knowledge of aircraft operations, airline regulations, airfreight operations, airport operations, and customer service operations.
• Must have working knowledge of computers, phones, and calculators.
• Must be able to work in a high paced environment.
• Must be able to function in a high stress environment and work well under pressure.
• Must be flexible, willing to work various hours/shifts including holidays, nights, weekends and on-call.