Nana Development Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Food Service Worker - ANMC
at Nana Development Corporation
About NMS Built on a culture of safety and integrity, NMS delivers award-winning, integrated support services to a variety of clients in food service, facilities management, camp services, security and hotel management in Alaska and the continental U.S. We are proud to serve not only our original oilfield clients, but also clients from federal, state and local governments, corporate facilities, healthcare institutions, schools and universities, manufacturing centers, and the transportation and telecommunications industry. Our clients have peace of mind knowing we are committed to delivering best-in-class service, and we bring creativity, technology and experience to every project. Our mission is to provide management and support services at a level of quality, value, safety and expertise beyond our clients' expectations. At NMS, we expect our employees to fulfill that mission in every aspect of their work.
This Food Service Worker position performs a variety of cleaning, maintenance, food preparation, stocking, and serving duties in a commercial kitchen, storeroom, dining, or serving area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists customers as requested with general information, inquires, etc.
- Obtains products requested by customers.
- Operates Point of Sale to record price, compile printed list, and display costs.
- Properly, safely, and efficiently prepares various food products following and observing standard food handling procedures.
- Washes objects by hand or with cleaning equipment.
- Cleans dishes, utensils, pots, pans etc. and places in assigned storage areas in an organized and orderly manner.
- Maintains a variety of products at certain levels in preparation, serving, or storage areas including service machines.
- Cleans, sweeps, wipes down, etc. all general dining, kitchen, or storage areas (in some cases), storage rooms, and equipment as well as all floors.
- Removes garbage from assigned areas, sets up or breaks down tables, snack bars, display cases, serving lines, etc.
- Assists with various periodically scheduled large cleaning projects.
- Participates in quality and performance improvement activities of food being served.
- Neat and clean personal appearance.
- Follows dress code according to department policies.
- Assists cooks and others as needed and coordinates one's own activities with other's.
- Supports and effective Safety Program.
- May prepare food or cook vegetables, entrees, coffee, sauces, meats, etc.
- Other duties that are pertinent to the department or unit's success also may be assigned.
- Must have a High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must have Municipality of Anchorage Food Handlers Card or ServSafe contingent upon 30 days of hire.
- Must have some knowledge of proper food service sanitation methods and equipment.
- Must have at least some combination of formal documented training, education or experience which demonstrates an interest in or a suitability for this type of work.
- Must pass a fingerprinting background investigation that complies with The Crime Control Act, Child Care Worker Act and the Indian Child Protection and Family Violence Prevention Act.
- Contract requires employees to speak, understand, read and write English.
- Proof of immunization for measles, mumps, rubella (MMR), Varicella (chicken pox), TB, and any other immunizations and screenings designated in the current ANTHC Employee Health Program for Infection Control in Hospital Personnel.
- Annual flu vaccination documentation to Contractor.
- Contractor may be required to maintain all employee health records on site.
- Preference will be given to those candidates with at least 6 months experience in the food service industry.
- One (1) year of customer service experience.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Weather: Indoors: environmentally controlled; requires most or all work to be done inside.
Noise level: Moderate
Description of environment: This is an industrial hospital kitchen located in a healthcare setting.
Physical requirements: Employee is required to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands/fingers to handle or feel, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk/hear, see, taste/smell, and carry weight/lift.
NMS Core Values
Safety guides our behavior.
Honesty and integrity govern our activities.
Commitments made will be fulfilled.
All individuals are treated with dignity and respect.
The environment will be protected and sustained.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Shareholder Preference
NMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran protected status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. NANA grants employment preference to shareholders of NANA and their spouses and descendants to the extent allowed by law.
It is NMS policy to conduct background checks, drug testing and a physical assessment, as applicable, once an offer has been accepted, in accordance with company and/or contract requirements.
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or via email. In order to appropriately assist you with an accommodation, we ask that you please specify the assistance needed in order to access our jobsite and post for a position. The dedicated email and telephonic options are listed below and are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance.
To request an accommodation by telephone, contact us at: 1-800-478-2000
To request an accommodation by email, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org