Nana Development Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cashier- UAA Creekside
at Nana Development Corporation
Built on a culture of safety and integrity, NMS delivers award-winning, integrated support services to a variety of clients in food service, facilities management, camp services, security and hotel management in Alaska and the continental U.S. We are proud to serve not only our original oilfield clients, but also clients from federal, state and local governments, corporate facilities, healthcare institutions, schools and universities, manufacturing centers, and the transportation and telecommunications industry. Our clients have peace of mind knowing we are committed to delivering best-in-class service, and we bring creativity, technology and experience to every project. Our mission is to provide management and support services at a level of quality, value, safety and expertise beyond our clients' expectations. At NMS, we expect our employees to fulfill that mission in every aspect of their work.
The Food Service Worker position receives payment for purchase of food items. This position performs a variety of cleaning, maintenance, food preparation, stocking, and serving duties on a college campus.
**Candidate must be able to work open to close shifts**
**This position will be at several locations throughout the UAA campus. **
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Properly inputs sales into the POS systems.
- Continuously checks work areas to ensure all product levels are maintained and refreshed.
- Continuously cleans and wipes work areas including, removing garbage, cleaning dishes, coffee machines, countertops etc.
- Reports to the supervisor any problems with the quality or quantity of food being served.
- Assists customers with general information, inquires, food and beverage order selection and recommendations, etc.
- Counts cash drawers to prepare deposit.
- Prepares food and cooks entrees.
- Assists with various periodically scheduled large cleaning projects.
- This position is not responsible for the supervision of staff.
- Other duties that are pertinent to the department or unit's success also may be assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Municipality of Anchorage Food Handler's Card or ServSafe Certification contingent upon 30 days of hire.
- Six (6) months cashier experience
- Six (6) months of related food service experience.
- Six (6) months of customer service experience.
- Contract requires employees to speak, understand, read and write English.
- One (1) year of customer service experience.
- One (1) year of food prep or related experience.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Weather: Indoors, environmentally controlled.
Noise level: The noise level in the work environment is usually mild
Description of environment: This is a cafeteria environment located on a University Campus setting.
Physical requirements: Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands/fingers to handle or feel, stoop, kneel, talk/hear/see. Infrequently required to taste/smell, sit, crouch or crawl. Must frequently lift and/or move up to 35lbs
NMS Core Values
Safety guides our behavior.
Honesty and integrity govern our activities.
Commitments made will be fulfilled.
All individuals are treated with dignity and respect.
The environment will be protected and sustained.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Shareholder Preference
NMS is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. NANA grants employment preference to shareholders of NANA and their spouses and descendants to the extent allowed by law.
It is NMS policy to conduct background checks, drug testing and a physical assessment, as applicable, once an offer has been accepted, in accordance with company and/or contract requirements.
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or via email. In order to appropriately assist you with an accommodation, we ask that you please specify the assistance needed in order to access our jobsite and post for a position. The dedicated email and telephonic options are listed below and are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance.
To request an accommodation by telephone, contact us at: 1-800-478-2000
To request an accommodation by email, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org