Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dealership Accountant I
at Lithia Motors
- # of Openings
- Job Locations
- Store Name
- Lithia Jeep Ram Dodge Fiat-Anc
Lithia Chrysler Dodge Jeep RAM FIAT of South Anchorage
Before applying to this position, please be aware that you will be sent 2 assessments and 1 survey to complete before an interview can be scheduled.
Please make sure your email address is correct on your application, and please monitor your Junk/Spam folder for these emails.
- You will receive one email from "WonScore Support"
- This assessment is a 12 minute timed assessment
- You will receive one email from "Valarie Applin" titled "Getting to know you via SHL"
- This assessment is not timed, but it does take about 30-45 min to complete
- You will receive one email from "Valarie Applin" titled "Work Opportunity Tax Credit Survey"
- This survey is optional. You will need to opt out of it, or complete it
- You will receive one email from "Valarie Applin" titled "Next Steps"
- Reply to this email when you are finished with your assessments
- This is a FULL TIME position.
- Pay is DOE
- Accounting experience is preferred
- Must have a valid Alaska State Driver's License
Want to start your accounting career in a solid industry with a growing Fortune 500 company? If you have the drive to perform, exceed and excel… then we want you to come work with us.
We are committed to Growing our Company and Growing our People!
Lithia Motors, Inc. is one of the largest providers of personal transportation solutions in the United States and is among the fastest growing companies in the Fortune 500 (#294-2018). Consumers can buy, sell and service vehicles digitally or through our over 180 coast to coast locations. Our mission statement, Growth Powered by People, drives us to continuously improve and to give back to our communities.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package and all the tools you will need to be successful. Our offerings include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Paid Holidays & PTO
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Lithia Learning Center
- Vehicle Purchase Discounts
- Wellness Programs
Dealership Accountant I is an entry level position that ensures timely, accurate and consistent recording of dealership transactions. This is a traditional accounting role that manages transactional posting of dealership activities. Accounting acumen is required. High performers will build upon their accounting & financial acumen while also building relationship and influential leadership skills. This will serve them well on a path to an Accounting Manager Role or if coupled with Automotive and Business acumen on the path to a Business Manager.
- Dealership AP/AR
- Processing of cash receipts & vendor invoices
- Collection of dealership AR balances
- Refunds: 8300, Warranty Cancellations
- Regional check runs
- General Dealership Accounting
- FTC, RDR, Rebate & Bank Reconciliations
- Schedule reviews and maintenance
- Accounting for manufacturer monies
- Balance Intercompany
- Sales Tax
- Bookkeeping Certification, Associates Degree in Accounting or 2-years commensurate experience (required).
- Auto Industry Experience (preferred).
- Retail Sales and/or Customer Service (preferred).
- A critical thinker and effective time manager.
- Strong attention to detail and sense of urgency.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- High School graduate or equivalent, 18 years or older
- Possess an acceptable driving record and a valid driver’s license in your state of residence
We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug free work place. A criminal history background check and pre-employment drug screen will be conducted on the final candidate prior to beginning employment.