Kenai Peninsula Borough
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Temporary Recreation Assistant - NPRSA
at Kenai Peninsula Borough
Pay: up to $11.75/hour
$11.75 - $
Job Status: Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 2369897
Overall Job Objective
- Under the general direction and supervision of the Recreation Supervisor, the Recreation Assistant is responsible for supervising programs and activities sponsored by the North Peninsula Recreation Service Area. The Recreation Assistant must ensure safety regulations are met and render aid as required.
- Minimum Qualifications
- At least 18 years old; current certificates in First Aid and CPR (or must obtain within 6 months); ability to read, write and complete basic math computations. Desirable qualities include recent experience with various recreation activities and/or athletics and an ability to develop easy rapport with all age groups. Must have and maintain a valid, unrestricted Alaska driver's license.
- Essential Functions
- Monitors NPRSA programs and activities.
- Assists in teaching classes.
- Officiates and instructs team sports programs.
- Assists in organizing community events and programs.
- Assists in maintenance and clean-up operations at the Nikiski Community Recreation Center facility and does related work as assigned.
- Provides information to users and visitors of the service area; acts as cashier.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Physical Demands
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to see; talk and hear; stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel or crouch; and occasionally required to use hands and fingers dexterously to operate equipment and controls. The employee must occasionally transport up to 40 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.