Glacier Fish Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Glacier Fish Company
- 20-Jun-2019 (PST)
- Unalaska, AK, USA
- Crew share based
This is NOT an entry level position. Please do not apply without previous Surimi Tech experience.
Applications without experience will not be reviewed. Please see "Processor" to apply for entry level positions.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Responsible for the surimi production and packaging, working with Japanese technicians to ensure quality, safe operation and efficiency. Assists supervisor with surimi testing and reporting. Communicates with supervisor about quality and production issues regarding surimi and assists with maintaining records and inventory of supplies.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the operations, function, and purpose of all equipment used for surimi processing.
- Ensures all product is produced, packaged, labeled and offloaded according to specification.
- Demonstrated ability to run surimi plant ensuring requirements and techniques for proper mixing, introduction of additives and other variables necessary to ensure product quality and uniformity to specifications.
- Develops an understanding of the relationship between processing techniques, water temperatures, freezing temperatures and the production of surimi, meeting all applicable health and sanitation standards and free of impurities and apply that knowledge to the production process.
- Develops thorough understanding of entire processing system from initial sorting of roundfish to final onboard packing.
- Understands and follows guidelines for safety, quality, and operation of any new equipment or procedures as instructed.
- Develops knowledge of the applicable policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable sections of the Safety Management System.
- Travel to meet customers as requested.
- Communicates to supervisor any maintenance and repair needs during trip.
- Brings any production concerns to supervisor in a timely manner.
REPORTS TO: Factory Supervisor, Surimi Supervisor
WORK HOURS: Regularly scheduled for 12 hour shifts, may be required to work additional hours due to occasional urgent vessel needs. Shipyard duties to be fulfilled as required or assigned.
Please see full job description for additional information.