Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Scientist/Project Manager
at Fairweather, LLC
- 29-Jul-2019 to 10-Nov-2019 (AKST)
- Fairweather Science
- Anchorage, AK, USA
- Full Time
Position Title: Project Scientist /Project Manager-Anchorage AK
Pay Status: Full Time or Part Time Salary
Reports to: Fairweather Science Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Project Manager/Environmental Scientist on a variety of projects related to environmental studies, monitoring, and compliance. Reports directly to Operations Manager, but expected to operate independently.
- Provide support and solutions for a wide variety of industry, agency, and corporate clients.
- Participate in and/or lead permitting projects.
- Manage projects from inception through completion including proposal writing, budget tracking, and project closeout.
- Work closely with clients, regulators, and staff to develop reasonable solutions and to grow our business.
- Ensure that projects are done in compliance with applicable regulations or client expectations.
- Effective and professional communication with supervisors, team members, and clients.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Incumbent must be self-directed and motivated, and will rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and objectives with limited oversight.
- Must be safety conscious at all times
- Must have working knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures and be proficient in working with environmental permits and regulations.
- Proficient in Windows-based computer skills, including Google Mail/Documents, Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Strong technical writing skills
- Must possess a BA in Environmental Science, Biology, Ecology, or related field.
- Must have 2+ of experience in the environmental and/or regulatory fields.
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Provide 2 professional references.