Fairbanks North Star Borough School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
McKinney-Vento Secondary School Tutor/Mentor (up to 14.75 hours/wk)
at Fairbanks North Star Borough School District
Openings as of 10/15/2019
- McKinney-Vento Secondary School Tutor/Mentor (up to 14.75 hours/wk) JobID: 7887
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Open Until Filled Note: Unless otherwise stated, all vacancies with a specific closing date close at 9:00 PM Alaska time.
- Complete an online employment application.
- Provide at least three professional references, two of which must be from current or previous supervisors. Please provide valid email addresses for your references, as they will be sent the reference form via email. We do not accept family members or friends as references. As soon as you submit your application, a reference form is sent via email from email@example.com.
- You are responsible for monitoring the return of completed reference surveys. To do so, log into your AppliTrack account and click on the references section. References that are listed as "Incomplete" have not been returned and may require additional follow up from you. Add more references as needed.
- Go to the link below and fill out the google form to sign up for online orientation.
- First email: New hire paperwork, your login information to Canvas, HR processing schedule and information on next steps.
- Second email: An electronic background check, to be completed as soon as possible.
- certificates of completion
- completed new hire paperwork
- $49 for fingerprints - we accept cash, check, credit cards, or money orders
The district is seeking part-time Federal Programs Tutors/Mentors at area high schools. Applicants must be able to tutor in a variety of high school content areas, including math and science.
For more information please contact Carrie Bragonier, McKinney-Vento Academic Assistance Coordinator at: .; 452-2000 x11478.
Hourly Rate: $20.00 per hour
Work Week: up to 14.75 hours a week, There are no benefits associated with this position.
After an application is submitted, the coordinator will contact applicants for interviews on an as needed basis. If selected as the top candidate by the coordinator, please follow these steps:
Applicants must sign up in advance for the substitute/temporary employee online orientation.
In order to sign up for orientation, please follow these steps:
5. Once human resources has verified that your references have been returned, you will be sent two emails:
(Please note: Trainings are customized to your login and the courses on your dashboard are the only ones you need to complete.)
7. Once all courses and paperwork are complete, please bring the following to human resources during the processing times specified in the first email:
*Applicants must attend orientation and be approved by human resources prior to working.