Arctic Catering & Support Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lead Housekeeper - Alpine Camp, North Slope Alaska
at Arctic Catering & Support Services
Primary Job Functions:
• Actively promote and lead by example in all safety processes
• Maintain current certification of all required training
• Assist with daily Tool Box Meetings
• Perform Task Hazard Assessments on any new or changed tasks. Periodically re-examine routine tasks for any new hazards that might be introduced due to product or equipment changes
• Attend and actively participate in weekly Audit Meetings, OPS Staff Meetings and Safety Meetings. On a rotating basis it will be necessary to conduct weekly Safety Meetings as well as prepare meeting agendas and minutes for the weekly OPS Staff Meeting.
• Administrate personnel management and development to include training, scheduling, evaluations and disciplinary actions with the assistance of the Operations Manager and Human Resources
• Conflict Resolution
• Cost containment consistent with the contractual parameters without reducing quality of service
• Room Assignment for all Housekeeping and Catering Staff
• Inventory Control and Materials Management for all Housekeeping/Janitorial Supplies, Equipment and Linens
• Maintain employee schedule to meet the manning needs of the camp
• Assist alternate in maintaining the Housekeeping Lead schedule
• Strong Customer Service and Employee Relation skills
• Create and maintain Job Descriptions to meet the changing needs within camp
• Ensure all areas within camp are maintained to the appropriate Health Standards at all times through regular inspections and daily walk-throughs
• Direct and monitor assigned tasks per established standards
• Assure adequate equipment care and maintenance
• Professionally and effectively communicate with all clients, vendors, co-workers, subordinates and supervisors verbally and in written format
• Create professional change out notes for alternate and participate in a cooperative and productive change out
• Be physically able and willing to assist Housekeepers/Janitors as needed
• Consistently demonstrates skills in structuring assigned activities, management, teamwork, communications, and operational efficiencies, handling of changing business needs, decision making and problem-solving skills
• Promotes the KAS core values throughout work performance
• Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, Competencies and Abilities:
• Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to speak, read and write English
• Demonstrated ability to proactively resolve conflict and coach others to success.
• Be able to lift and move up to 50 lbs, consistent with post-offer physical assessment testing.
• Strong client/customer service skills
• Knowledge of cleaning products and equipment
• Remote camp experience
• Supervisory Training obtained and applied on-the-job
Education and Experience:
• One (1) year general cleaning work experience – residential camp or hotel cleaning preferred.
• One (1) year supervisory experience.
• High school diploma or equivalent required
Certifications and/or Licenses:
• Valid driver’s license with a driving record acceptable to the company's insurance carrier. Must pass driving record check annually.
There will be occasional travel and driving for oversight of various camps assigned, transport of personnel, receiving and delivering supplies and/or materials to various locations throughout Alaska. Must be willing and able to drive & travel within the North Slope in arctic weather conditions.
• Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking
• Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision, and hearing
• Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations
• Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, pushing, pulling, and reaching
• Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull medium weights, up to fifty (50) pounds
• Requires ability to work within indoor and outdoor inclement weather environments, including Arctic cold weather climates
• Ability to drive occasionally safely as per state regulations
• Must be able to see objects far and near
The employee will be required to live and work in a remote and confined workspace for extended periods of time, and to work various schedules consisting of rotating shifts. Example of a rotating shift schedule is twelve (12) hour days and/or nights, seven (7) days per week, for two (2) weeks on/two (2) weeks off. Rotating shift schedules are subject to change at any time. Must be able to work day or night shifts as required. The majority of the work is performed in a remote setting with a wide variety of people in differing functions, personalities and abilities. Incumbent must be able to travel in all means of air and ground transportation commonly used in remote Alaska.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with notice.