Arctic Catering & Support Services
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Arctic Catering & Support Services
This position provides a variety of laundry attending, cleaning services and other related duties required to keep remote industrial housing facilities, food service areas, office facilities, or similar areas in a clean and orderly condition. Works under direction of the Head Cook performing in accordance with AC&SS mission, vision, and values as well as departmental policies, practices, and procedure. Must pass pre-employment drug test, criminal background check and post-offer physical assessment.
• Three months general cleaning work experience required - minimum 1 year experience preferred.
• Able to proficiently speak, read, understand, and write English
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Previous remote site camp experience and/or related area
• Cleans areas such as sleeping rooms according to an occupancy report.
• This position may require cleaning of indoor and / or outdoor smoking lounges.
• Details closet spaces, tables, chairs, heaters in all rooms, above closet space and overhead lights, and bed boards.
• Cleans and sanitizes men's and women's bathrooms and laundry rooms using proper cleaning techniques.
• Cleans, sweeps, wipes down, etc. all general areas or storage areas (in some cases), spike rooms, and equipment as well as all floors. Vacuums all occupied areas.
• Washes objects by hand or with cleaning equipment.
• Uses appropriate equipment and cleaning solutions for all tasks.
• Reviews various cleaning schedules to determine required duties.
• Removes and transports trash to the appropriate disposal areas.
• May remove linen, towels, and trash from various areas.
• May clean various types of other areas such as general offices.
• Restock sleeping rooms and bathrooms, verifying that towels, sheets and blankets are available for each appropriate room.
• Assists with various periodically scheduled large cleaning projects.
• Promote, establish and maintain a safe work environment for all employees and clients
• work in a constant state of alertness in a safe manner
• Willingness to work at various locations as required
• Provide quality customer service
• Others duties as required
The employee will be required to live and work in a remote and confined workspace for extended periods of time and exposure to work assignments consisting of rotating shifts up to six weeks on/two weeks off schedule and 12 hour days for a minimum of 14 days straight and able to work day or night shifts as required. The majority of the work is performed in a remote setting with a wide variety of people in differing functions, personalities and abilities. Must be able to travel in all means of air and ground transportation commonly used in remote Alaska. Exposure to cleaning chemicals and solutions
The employee’s work requires routine walking, standing, bending and carrying items weighing up to 50 pounds. There is a lack of immediate access to critical medical services as well as urban community services.
Adhere to safety policies, practices and procedures. Maintains liaison with safety personnel on various safety policies, practices and procedures to assure information exchange, mutual assistance and an enhanced positive safety culture. Instructs, provides guidance and training to assigned staff regarding safety policies, practices and procedures, utilizing proactive methods. Enforce penalties for infractions of safety policies, practices and procedures. Actively participates in behavior and commitment based safety program and supports safety goals by planning, implementing, and coordinating policies, practices and procedures to reduce or eliminate occupational injuries, illnesses, deaths, and property damage. Coordinates safety activities of assigned staff and conducts multiple safety meetings to ensure daily operations are in compliance with company and client safety requirements. Disseminates information to assigned staff, other housekeeping and departmental locations regarding workplace hazards and or other safety information. Monitors, records and provides documentation on safety related issues in the workplace. Identifies, appraises, resolves, and / or appropriately reports conditions which could produce injuries, illnesses, and property damage. May assist in investigation of accidents or incidents.