Anchorage School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
OPEN RECRUITMENT: Substitute Bus Attendant
at Anchorage School District
Job Status: Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 3580
Openings as of 10/15/2019
- OPEN RECRUITMENT: Substitute Bus Attendant JobID: 3580
- Position Type:
Bus/Transportation/Substitute Bus Attendant
- Date Posted:
- Date Available:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to interpret written and oral instructions and originate written reports.
- Knowledge of first aid.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must be physically able to aid students with manipulating of braces and other related walking devices, manipulate wheelchairs for students of any age group, including pushing, loading, unloading, tying down, etc., and evacuate students from bus if required.
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain productive relationships.
- Ability to give firm but understanding guidance to mentally, emotionally, and physically disabled special education students.
- Previous experience with working with children, especially those with disabilities.
- Provides whatever assistance is necessary during school bus loading and unloading.
- Maintains acceptable student conduct to help ensure a safe, efficient trip to and from school, enlisting aid from driver if necessary.
- Assists students in making connections with shuttle busses.
- Assists substitute drivers by giving directions along the bus route.
- Assists children with any special needs such as outer wearing apparel, personal hygiene problems, or other adjustments for the students’ safety and well-being.
Bargaining Unit: Temporary
Work Year: Temporary position
Work Day: Hours vary
FTE: Temporary position
Salary: $10.55 per hour
The Substitute Bus Attendant provides assistance to students and bus drivers during the transportation process.
The following are required:
The following are preferred:
Essential Job Functions
The Anchorage School District requires that applicants who are given a conditional offer of initial employment for this position must successfully pass a post offer/pre-employment physical capacities assessment before they can be placed into the position. To access the requirements for the physical capacities assessment for this position, click here: .
Additionally, the employee must be able to communicate by oral and written means in an appropriate business manner and have cognitive skills to understand instructions, readily recall facts and details, handle conflict, and make effective decisions under pressure. The employee must have the ability to effectively manage the stress of working with students, parents, and other employees representing diverse cultures, personalities, and work styles in a dynamic work environment.
The Anchorage School District is committed to providing reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all individuals with qualified physical or mental disabilities.
Work is performed in a professional environment with a wide variety of individuals having differing functions, personalities and abilities, including working with diverse groups of people in a variety of different settings.
While performing the duties of this job the employee may be regularly exposed to a video display. The employee may be exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Additional Job Information
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Anchorage School District employees must possess the ability to read and write in English. This includes the ability to communicate in English with school staff, coworkers, and the public. Employees must also have the ability to comprehend and carry out oral and written directions and understand and follow English instructions and written documents.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a satisfactory criminal background check.
This position may be required to work in ASD facilities on the military installations (JBER). Please visit for additional information.
The Anchorage School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.