Anchorage School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Anchorage School District
Job Reference #: 5096
Openings as of 10/19/2019
- Journeyman Electrician JobID: 5096
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
- Closing Date:
Open Until Filled
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of four years of experience within the past six years in the field of electrical construction and/or maintenance. Work experience must evidence ability to perform tasks assigned.
- Knowledge of the safety procedures appropriate to electrical repair work required.
- Must possess an Alaska journeyman electrician card for commercial wiring.
- Must obtain an Alaska class B commercial driver’s license with a general knowledge endorsement within 6 months of hire.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and municipal electrical, fire, and building codes.
- Knowledge of standard electrical and mechanical equipment including, but not limited to three-phase, ground fault, 120/208, 277/480 volt systems, fan motors and controls, compressors, low voltage controls, remote controls, boiler controls, fire alarm shut-down controls, emergency generators, automatic switch gear, and automated electrical control systems.
- Knowledge in appliance repair including three-phase ovens, dishwashers, steam chefs, warming tables and carts, freezers, and refrigerators.
- Ability to proficiently use appropriate computer applications for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Wires commercial buildings, runs exposed conduit, and balances electrical panels and systems.
- Estimates material and labor requirements, interprets and work from plans, prints, specifications, and established maintenance procedures.
- Works cooperatively with others within established maintenance procedures.
- Troubleshoots, analyzes, and repairs all types of electrical systems.
- Keeps accurate records and writes reports when required.
- Works within established safety procedures.
- This position routinely requires lifting up to 50 pounds, with our without accommodations, and may require lifting over 50 pounds with assistance.
- This position routinely works at heights over 20 feet.
Bargaining Unit: MAINTENANCE
Work Year: 12 months
Work Day: 8 hours per day
FTE: Full time, 1.0 FTE
Salary: M-9, $26.45 - $30.24 per hour, DOE
The Journeyman Electrician is responsible for the maintenance of electrical systems within Anchorage School District facilities. The location of the work station is subject to contract language concerning shift location/bids. The position has a retirement association with the Public Employees’ Retirement System (PERS).
The following are required:
The following are preferred:
Essential Job Functions
The Anchorage School District requires that applicants who are given a conditional offer of initial employment for this position must successfully pass a post offer/pre-employment physical capacities assessment before they can be placed into the position. To access the requirements for the physical capacities assessment for this position, click here:
Additionally, the employee must be able to communicate by oral and written means in an appropriate business manner and have cognitive skills to understand instructions, readily recall facts and details, handle conflict, and make effective decisions under pressure. The employee must have the ability to effectively manage the stress of working with students, parents, and other employees representing diverse cultures, personalities, and work styles in a dynamic work environment.
The Anchorage School District is committed to providing reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all individuals with qualified physical or mental disabilities.
Work is performed in a professional environment with a wide variety of individuals having differing functions, personalities and abilities, including working with diverse groups of people in a variety of different settings.
While performing the duties of this job the employee may be regularly exposed to a video display. The employee may be exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Additional Job Information
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Anchorage School District employees must possess the ability to read and write in English. This includes the ability to communicate in English with school staff, coworkers, and the public. Employees must also have the ability to comprehend and carry out oral and written directions and understand and follow English instructions and written documents.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a satisfactory criminal background check.
This position may be required to work in ASD facilities on the military installations (JBER). Please visit for additional information.
The Anchorage School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.