Americans for Prosperity Foundation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Grassroots Engagement Director, Alaska
at Americans for Prosperity Foundation
- Job Locations
- Anchorage, AK
Do you wish people could disagree but still have civil conversations? Are you frustrated that government at all levels can’t seem to get anything done? Do you want to bring people in your state together to solve problems and get lawmakers to take action? If these questions ignite passion for you and you are ready to take action by mobilizing people to advance a cause that will change your community, apply to join AFP-Alaska today!
Your Responsibilities Include
- Developing state-based strategies to advance local, state, and federal policy priorities and desired outcomes
- Mobilizing and educating volunteer communities in support of policy priorities and building capabilities to advance future priorities
- Planning and executing a variety of activities to educate and bring awareness to further strategies that advance our priorities
- Developing and executing on strategies to educate and engage the general public on our priority policy initiatives?
- Managing a budget related to your activities, determining the best use of network funds towards making an impact and achieving the outcomes desired for our priorities
- Serving as a community leader by leveraging local knowledge and building partnerships to solve problems in your state
- Working with communities of activists to contact citizens (for example, sending text messages, making calls, or in-person door knocking) to educate and persuade the public to act on public policy initiatives
- Encouraging individuals and activist communities to become life-long learners and develop strategies for training and educational opportunities
- Identifying short-term and long-term goals for professional development and fulfilment
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- Strong interpersonal skills and strong relationship-building skills
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal policy landscapes
- Experience working with members of the community
- A drive to deepen your own knowledge and a focus on life-long learning
- A willingness to transform yourself and our organization to be more impactful in our efforts
- An ability to develop strategic and tactical plans to achieve outcomes
- An excitement for thinking creatively and a willingness to experiment with new ways to engage and activate new volunteers
- A commitment to work with anyone to do good and advanced shared interests
Standout Candidates May Also Bring
- Strong local knowledge and existing relationships in the Anchorage area
Read about some examples of the positive impact our grassroot staff have made in the lives of Americans across the country.
Americans for Prosperity is driving long-term solutions to the country's biggest problems through broad-based grassroots outreach. Our activists engage friends and neighbors on key issues and encourage them to take an active role in building a culture of mutual benefit. We have an on-the-ground infrastructure in 36 states that recruits and unites citizens behind a common goal of advancing policies that help people improve their lives.
Americans for Prosperity Foundation is dedicated to educating and training citizens to be courageous advocates for the ideas, principles, and policies in a society of mutual benefit--knowing that leads to the greatest prosperity and well-being for all. Our educational programs break barriers standing in the way of people realizing their potential. By eliminating these obstacles to opportunity, in areas like occupational licensing, free speech, K-12 education, and free trade, we are supporting and working to lift up the lives of individuals and local communities.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees with honesty, dignity and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other legally protected class.