Alaska Teacher Placement
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
English / Language Arts Teacher or Long Term Sub
at Alaska Teacher Placement
Job Reference #: 10390_1665
Openings as of 10/15/2019
High School Teaching
- English / Language Arts Teacher or Long Term Sub JobID: 10390
- Position Type:
High School Teaching/English
- Date Posted:
Aniak Jr/Sr High School
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Kuspuk School District - Additional Information:
- Teach creative subjects like poetry and fiction writing, grammar rules, spelling and diction, word pronunciation, sentence structure, punctuation, reading and essay writing.
- Instruct students on how to use the English language correctly through reading, writing and analyzing of literature & informative text & to develop composition & critical analysis skills.
- Teach English grammar and reading classes as well as specific concentration areas like American literature.
- Create positive educational climate for students to learn in.
- Meet course and school-wide student performance goals.
- Participate in ongoing training sessions.
- Create lesson plans and modify accordingly throughout the year.
- Maintain grade books.
- Grade papers and perform other administrative duties as needed.
- Read and stay abreast of current topics in education.
- Utilize curricula that reflect the diverse educational and cultural backgrounds of the students served.
- Develop incentives to keep participants in class.
- Work with program coordinators to ensure initiatives are being met.
- Tutor students on an individual basis.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Observe and evaluate student's performance.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by invoking approved disciplinary procedures.
KUSPUK SCHOOL DISTRICT
P.O. Box 49 Aniak, AK 99557
DATE: September 5, 2019
POSITION: English / Language Arts Teacher or Long Term Sub
LOCATION: Aniak Jr. Sr. High School
TERM: 2019-2020 School Year
QUALIFICATIONS: Alaska Type A Certificate required
English / Language Arts certification preferred
Technology skills preferred
Multiple Endorsements preferred
Experience with Alaska Native Students preferred
REPORTS TO: Principal
SALARY: Depends on Experience and Education
PLEASE SUBMIT: A letter of interest, a current resume, with references and an Alaska Teacher Placement or KSD Certified application by fax or email
APPLY TO: Gretchen Kelly, Principal
Kuspuk School District P.O. Box 49 Aniak, Alaska 99557
Fax 907-675-4305 • email firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
Kuspuk School District considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.