Alaska Teacher Placement
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Behavioral Assistant (Floyd Dryden Middle School)
at Alaska Teacher Placement
Pay: up to $21.10/hour
with a starting salary of $21.10 per hour plus differential
Job Reference #: 5922_1435
Openings as of 10/19/2019
- Behavioral Assistant (Floyd Dryden Middle School) JobID: 5922
- Position Type:
Support Staff/Special Education Paraeducator
- Date Posted:
Floyd Dryden Middle School
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
Open Until Filled
Juneau School District Additional Information:
- High School Diploma
- Some prior experience working with school age children preferred
- CPR, first aid and district approved behavior management techniques may be required. (includes have a general understanding of behavior modification techniques; demonstrates the ability to remain calm and follow through with a plan in stressful situations; manage and deescalate angry and aggressive students; and, handle a variety of behaviors, including crisis situations).
- Valid Alaska driver’s license required.
- Must have either an AA degree, or 48 semester hours, or be willing to take and pass the the ParaPro Assessment (support available).
- Files and record keeping.
- Personal computers and related software.
- School age children's behavior.
- Behavior modification (includes emotionally disturbed but with a shift differential).
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Provide instructional assistance in assigned areas.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing. (Communicate and coordinate effectively with students, staff, supervisors and parents.)
- Operate a personal computer and related software.
- Maintain effective working relationships with staff, students and parents. (Have an understanding of cultural, family and disability issues; and be able to adapt techniques as needed.
Location: Districtwide (Floyd Dryden Middle School)
Part Time Position (.9333 FTE)
Part Time Position (.9333 FTE)
Position Summary: Works primarily with students who are in special education. Presents material and activities to improve skills in assigned areas, which may include reading, writing, math, computers and/or vocational education. Works individually or in small groups. Records grades and other measures of students’ progress and behavior.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required to satisfactorily perform the essential duties and responsibilities. Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates possession of the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities. A typical way to obtain these would be:
Compensation: This is a permanent part-time 9 month position, working 35 hours per week, with a starting salary of $21.10 per hour plus differential. We offer an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) plan, and paid time off.
Selected hire will be fingerprinted at applicant's expense and fingerprints forwarded to the Alaska State Troopers and the FBI for a records check.