Alaska Teacher Placement
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Aide II Title I-C
at Alaska Teacher Placement
Openings as of 3/18/2019
- Aide II Title I-C JobID: 727
- Position Type:
Support Staff/Teacher Assistant
- Date Posted:
North Star Elementary School
- Date Available:
2018-2019 School Year
- Closing Date:
Open Until Filled
Kodiak Island Borough School District Additional Information:
The Kodiak Island Borough School District is accepting applications for an Aide II TTL-IC at North Star Elementary for the 2018-2019 school year. The Aide II works as an assistant to the classroom teacher. Performs duties working with students on a one-to-one and/or group basis who are eligible as designed by the current year grant.
Hours: 5.5 hour per day, 5 days per Week, 9 months per year
Salary: Entry Range 10.5, Step 1: $16.16 per hour
1. Ability to work well with public, students, staff and parents.
2. Ability to carry out tasks assigned by the teacher/supervisor.
3. High school graduate or equivalent preferred.
4. Operate current office technology as appropriate.
5. Ability to maintain confidentiality of students, staff, school business, materials, and information.
6. Ability to safely, regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
1. Identify eligible students needing assistance by teacher referral and other student performance indicators.
2. May be required to administer formal assessment of students under the supervision of certificated personnel.
3. Attend training sessions and/or workshops.
4. Confer with classroom teachers, counselors and students in formulating educational plans for qualifying students (updates educational plans as required).
5. Document students’ involvement and progress in tutoring activities and submit reports as required. Upon completion of tutoring, document the extent of the students’ completions of educational plans.
6. Determine, on a regularly scheduled basis, if there are attendance problems. Follow-up to be made with parents, if needed; work with student, counselor, teacher or parent in preparing a plan for improvement.
7. Maintain regular and timely contact with students, teachers or counselor and documents contact as required.
8. Coordinate book distribution programs as required.
9. Maintain confidentiality of students, staff, school business, materials, and information.
10. Other duties as assigned from time to time.