Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Grant Writer - Part Time - Grants Planning & Development
at Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium
JOB SUMMARY: Under direct supervision, provides support to grant writers as they identify and research grant opportunities, facilitate their approval and submission, and coordinate the application process. The position will also provide general administrative support for the department through office organization, records maintenance, scheduling, and general assistance.
Provides administrative and technical support for grant applications to include meeting coordination, narrative and budget assistance, document formatting, research support, data collection, chart/table creation, and document routing.
Assists with review and research of funding opportunities, prepares grant overviews, and provides information about grants to program lead(s).
Reviews and edits documents. Performs data entry and report generation of grant activities. Creates, updates, and maintains all department forms and templates. Maintains departmental files, both electronic and hard copy.
Collects and creates library of relevant grant material to include standard language, resumes and CV’s, department experience, publications, background, equipment, and resources.
Ensures understanding of internal guidelines for grant application review and approval, and assists in organizational efforts to review and refine process.
Maintains, orders, and stocks office supplies. Greets and assists customers; answers phones and directs calls. Makes travel arrangements for department staff in accordance with company policy and prudent business practice.
Performs other duties as assigned.
• Knowledge of Alaska Native culture and the Alaska Tribal Health System.
• Knowledge of business English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
• Knowledge of standard budgeting and Excel program use.
• Knowledge of customer services concepts and practices.
• Knowledge of basic purchasing processes.
• Knowledge of filing procedures.
• Skill in assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands.
• Skill in researching grants opportunities.
• Skill in the design and layout of technical documents, and merging text and graphics.
• Skill in working within deadlines to complete projects and assignments.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Skill in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with others.
• Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of software applications.
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATION
An Associates Degree in any field. Progressively responsible professional work-related experience, education, or training may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for college education.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATION
Non-supervisory - Two (2) years experience preparing federal, state, or foundation grant applications or proposals; technical writing; editing; or general research. An equivalent combination of relevant education and/or training may be substituted for experience.
MINIMUM CERTIFICATION QUALIFICATION
PREFERRED EDUCATION QUALIFICATION
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATION
Writing experience preferred.
PREFERRED CERTIFICATION QUALIFICATION