Alaska Communications Systems Group, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Systems Administrator Tier II
at Alaska Communications Systems Group, inc.
Job TitleSystems Administrator Tier II
The System Administrator is responsible for answering second tier or managed services service desk calls, going on site as necessary and working over the phone and via remote desktop control to resolve user issues. This position is not limited to end user issues but may include remote server work as well, to include patches, defragmentation, event log error troubleshooting, licensing, email, user and group management and other issues as discovered. This position supports users by a variety of methods and provides technical expertise and training to end users and system support staff. This role requires continuing education and certification with industry standard vendors such as Microsoft, VMware, Netapp, Cisco, and Watchguard. This position helps maintain the department's Knowledge Management, RMM and PSA systems.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Open and track trouble tickets or service orders in the trouble ticket system (TigerPaw)
- Provide desktop support, application support, email support, network connectivity support, login support, and other support as required for the implementation of voice, video, instant messaging and other unified communications services.
- Facilitate the restoration of all escalated service from Tier 1 while minimizing impact to the end-user
- Implement cloud based communication solutions such as Skype for Business, AvayaLive video, and google apps.
- Follow up with the end-user to assure they are satisfied with the solution prior to forwarding to QA.
- Receive all incident notifications through preferred means-phone, fax, email, service desk portal, etc.
- Classify all escalated incidents and correctly document the nature of the incident, including affected users, systems and hardware. Coordinate with the Managed Services service coordinator for any follow up required.
- Prioritize all incidents for effective escalation to Tier 3.
- Troubleshoot all incidents according to best practices.
- Utilize vendor support as frequently as possible.
- Maintain consistent communication with all parties including end-users, their managers, and higher, as well as the provider's own internal management hierarchy.
- Communicate to the client's Managed Services account manager issues and upcoming projects in advance.
- Accountability - Ability to plan, organize, measure and coordinate multiple tasks to deliver.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and question of others.
- Critical thinking - Ability to use thinking and reasoning in gather raw data and processing that data into a meaningful form to solve problems.
- Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Communication Skills Written & Oral - Must have excellent oral and written communications skills. Able to succinctly describe status of business.
- Conceptual Thinking - Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas.
- Negotiation Skills - Ability to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or equivalent work experience may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis plus four (4) years background in workstation and server management, new program installation, machine setup, problem identification and resolution. Equivalent education and training may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis. Strong hands-on experience MS Project, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Excel, Project and Visio. SAP Project System or similar experience a plus.
Please complete our online application. If you need assistance or have questions, please contact Rose Muncy, SHRM-CP, PHR, CIR at email@example.com or (907) 564-1259.