Alaska Communications Systems Group, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
System Administrator - Tier 1
at Alaska Communications Systems Group, inc.
Job TitleSystem Administrator - Tier 1
The Tier 1 System Administrator will be responsible for answering first tier service desk calls. The candidate will work over the phone and via remote desktop control to resolve user issues. This position is not limited to end user issues but may include remote server work as well, to include patches, defragmentation, event log error troubleshooting, licensing, email, user and group management and other issues as discovered. The candidate will provide technical expertise and training to end users and system support staff.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Log all incidents and service requests and track the same through to resolution.
- Conduct initial diagnosis using documented processes and available tools.
- Ensure customer incidents and service requests are handled in a timely manner by documenting the impact to the customer and by assigning an appropriate priority and target resolution time.
- Open, close, or escalate tickets within service level agreements time frames.
- Ensure incident resolution by maintaining an action plan for incident resolution; by initiating and tracking incident escalations to technical resources, vendors, and so on; and by keeping the customer updated on the status of incident resolution.
- Help resolve end-user and technical problems quickly and effectively.
- Record incident symptoms and status information in a timely fashion in an effort to communicate with and properly use senior IT staff.
- Work effectively with vendors of hardware and application software during problem resolution.
- Troubleshoot servers, common server applications, firewalls, routers, network infrastructure.
- Configure, test and deploy Operating system / software (upgrades, hot fixes, and other updates).
- Windows Server 2008, 2012, Exchange 2010, and Active Directory administration.
- Ensure management awareness of major incidents or incidents that are exceeding documented target
- Accountability - Ability to plan, organize, measure and coordinate multiple tasks to deliver.
- Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and question of others.
- Critical thinking - Ability to use thinking and reasoning in gather raw data and processing that data into a meaningful form to solve problems.
- Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Communication Skills Written & Oral - Must have excellent oral and written communications skills. Able to succinctly describe status of business.
- Conceptual Thinking - Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas.
- Negotiation Skills - Ability to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
AA degree or equivalent work experience plus 2 years of professional Windows OS experience. Previous Help/Service Desk experience.Strong hands-on experience MS Project, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Excel, Project and Visio. SAP Project System or similar experience a plus.
Please complete our online application. If you need assistance or have questions, please contact Rose Muncy, SHRM-CP, PHR, CIR at email@example.com or (907) 564-1259.
Alaska Communications is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; religion; creed; national origin; age; gender (or gender identification or expression); sexual orientation; mental or physical disability, except where disability is a bona fide occupational disqualification; marital status; change in marital status; parenthood; pregnancy or family relationship; status as a disabled or protected veteran; or any impermissible characteristic as defined by law. View the U.S. Department of Labor Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.